Tail lights and side markers and dash lights not working HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Hey guys yah it was just a fuse lol I'm a rookie and I'll take all the knowledge I can get I used that light tester and found the fuse that was blown the one and only fuse I didn't replace not thing that was it thanks again for all your help

if you go after the simple things first you'll usually find the problem.....glad it's fixed

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
your welcome.

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
a dimmer switch would not cause a park light issue. a head light sw could, but would cause front and rear park lights not to work. lets start with the basics. year make and model, and describe your concern.

James

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 16, 2015
a dimmer switch would not cause a park light issue. a head light sw could, but would cause front and rear park lights not to work. lets start with the basics. year make and model, and describe your concern.
1986 oldsmobile cutlass supreme, one evening after replacement of exhaust gasket I took it for a drive and I always cut on my fan and parklights before i crank. Parklights came on but as a came out the yard my dash went dark. Just like that, I didn't have the radio on or anything either. I've checked fuses both grounds up front for headlights and the ground in the trunk. Am I missing one?

James

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 16, 2015
did you check the fuses with a circuit tester?
I greatly appreciate the assistance guys, but I won't be able to until the morning weather is getting bad. I'll update as soon as I get too it in the morning.

James

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 16, 2015
I greatly appreciate the assistance guys, but I won't be able to until the morning weather is getting bad. I'll update as soon as I get too it in the morning.
did you check the fuses with a circuit tester?
Did the circuit check starting with the headlights. 3/4 had a response from the light. My driver side bright light doesn't make the circuit tester go off, but I can turn on all four headlights. Just no Park lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor