TBI engine swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I'm thinking about a TBI engine swap on a G body. Best case scenario, I'd like it to be a 350 Chevy with TBI. I know that my best hope for a donor vehicle with a 350 is probably a truck, but I know there were some GM B body cars built from 1991-1993 with a TBI 350. Does anyone here know if the B body is a better candidate as a donor vehicle from the standpoint of being able to use the peripherals around the engine (cooling system, serpentine belt drive, engine wiring harness, A/C parts, etc). In other words, am I best to look for a B body as a donor vehicle? Any & all help is appreciated.

KrisW

G-Body Guru
Oct 24, 2007
Lakeland, FL
I don't think it matters what you use as a swap. I just bought a truck as a donor for the swap stuff because it makes the most sense to me.

I bought a 93 Chevy 2500 for 1000 dollars. It has a good running 350 TBI engine, a 4L80E transmission, the engine wiring and computer. It's a running/driving truck!

Now, when I take what I want from it, do you think I can put an old smogger 1970's chevy V8/automatic transmission combo and then still sell the running and useable truck for 600 bucks? You bet I can, and I will.

That brings my total cash outlay to 400 bucks. To make it run super, in stock form with no tuning yet, I need only some used TPI cylinder heads (305 or 350) a super mild cam, like a TPI grind, and use a TPI or vortech fuel pump in the tank of the car that will be receiving the setup.

I am always on a budget, so...

Anyway, that's why I think trucks are the best donors.

KrisW

G-Body Guru
Oct 24, 2007
Lakeland, FL
Thanks!

If I didn't scrounge, I wouldn't be able to look at cars, much less build any!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor