tell us your WORST ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think i have every one beat. i ran a 18.4 in the monte with the 283. i think its time for a new motor an gear 😀

My worst ET was in my 76 Monte Carlo shortly after I completed its engine swap in 2003 was a 16.072. I didn't get a chance to see what my first 86 Grand Prix did with its stock 231 V6. I will be taking my "new" 86 Grand Prix to the track soon to get a base quarter mile time before I do any mods.

Probably a 12.5. Now, that may not sound bad, but that was in the 1/8 mile. It was in my 1995 Nissan Sentra GXE with an automatic. 115hp in a 2350 lb car does not make for rapid acceleration ( but it IS far faster than a N/A v6 G body!). Why did I run it? Well, it was test and tune night and I was there to support a friend. it was $5 for admission, or $15 to race, so I figured it would be more fun to run it than to just sit on the sidelines. Besides, it was not the slowest thing there ( a Mercury Capri roadster was).

My second slowest vehicle to ever see a strip was my Frontier. It was fairly new at the time and only had 160k on it, so I don't think it was broken in yet. What did it run? 11.5 in the 1/8. So, yes. A 4 cylinder Frontier is faster than a 1.6 liter automatic Sentra.

A buddy and me decided to race our stock grand prix's. His had the 301 and mine had the 305. His was a 78 and mine a 79. Evan though i kicked his A** it took a incredible 20 seconds to complete the "1/4 mile" on some back country road..... :lol:

*bump*

Is it bad that I clicked here hoping to find stock times for an Olds 307? :lol:

Camshaft said:

ha ha, no...

I bet if this thread runs, and more people post to it, you'll find some stock times on a 307.
I'm curious to hear about a stock 3.8, with no turbo

my worst was 15.2 i dont remember the mph and my best 14.8 at 96ish somethingish mph but ive only gone down a 1/4 mile 4 times and im not so good at it yet, we'll see what this summer brings and hopefully a locker so i don't one wheel wonder weenie spin forever again

khan0165 said:
Camshaft said:

ha ha, no...

I bet if this thread runs, and more people post to it, you'll find some stock times on a 307.
I'm curious to hear about a stock 3.8, with no turbo

We may find out soon. I plan on running my Cutlass at least once, and I may be picking up a Bonneville soon. The Bonneville is a carbed 3.8, NA car.

I remember people telling me their cutlass with a 307 and peg leg gears would run late *ss 20 second et's!I figure mine with a mild 307,2.56 gears open rear and someone like me new to racing at the quarter,i believe i would've ran at best late 18's,maybe mid 19's.I now have a 402hp 350 olds,same rear and a th350 with 300 stall,figure i'd run mid to late 12's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor