Texas82GP's GMT900

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
We do punch lists as well on our project work. Well, yours is typed up nicely for the thread. We have a dry erase board and/or use pieces of cardboard & a Sharpie that I take pictures of w/my phone :LOL:

Same here to both.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Holy updates, Batman!

High five to your grandma from me. She's seen stuff.

Reactions: 2 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
We do punch lists as well on our project work. Well, yours is typed up nicely for the thread. We have a dry erase board and/or use pieces of cardboard & a Sharpie that I take pictures of w/my phone :LOL:
I didn't type it for the thread, believe it or not. I sit in front of a computer all day for a living. A few months ago I just started a list and would add to it as I thought of other things that needed done. The strikethroughs were for my brother. He likes to monitor progress and cross things off the list. It's the program manager in him. It was a subtle, good natured dig at him. I updated and printed the list several times so he could enjoy more things being crossed off the list.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Holy updates, Batman!

High five to your grandma from me. She's seen stuff.
She has. She's amazing. Her short term memory is diminished but she can tell you anything about the 1940's. She's the reason we're all here.

Reactions: 2 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I didn't type it for the thread, believe it or not. I sit in front of a computer all day for a living. A few months ago I just started a list and would add to it as I thought of other things that needed done. The strikethroughs were for my brother. He likes to monitor progress and cross things off the list. It's the program manager in him. It was a subtle, good natured dig at him. I updated and printed the list several times so he could enjoy more things being crossed off the list.

I have a to do list, but it's not limited to any one vehicle (or even restricted to vehicles). It's horrifying to take in at once. But when I commit to one thing like you did here a shortened version of the all encompassing list gets distilled down to what I give a crap about at that point in time, either on a cardboard flap and/or the seldom updated white board on the mudroom door. So I do wholly support any and all OCD that goes into tracking one's progress or lack thereof because let's face it, we never quite check all the boxes now do we?

Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I finally found the EVAP leak. It took dropping the tank again. The plastic weld seam from the tank vent to the tank has a leak. The leak is at the bubble right under the vent pipe.....

20231229_112713_copy_1500x2000.jpg

The local dealer wanted $827.36 (list price - $895.62 with tax) and didn't have one. I put some JB Weld Plastic Weld on it and put it back in. No picture as I wasn't proud of the repair. I'm undecided on what to do next. I found a new GM tank I can pick up locally for $573.20 (with tax). The 20% discount included with that expires Sunday. I'll sleep on it. At least I know where the leak is, finally.

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
The tanks are polyethylene, easily weldable...

But he already welded it. . .

I used the JB Plastic Weld on a couple bumper mounts on the wife's Envoy. Originally the bumper skin had molded tabs that were plastic welded to the mounts which are separate pieces. I glued them back together with that stuff a couple years ago and they're still holding. Supposedly it kinda melts the plastic as it cures to get a good bond, like the way PVC glue works.

Reactions: 1 user

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
But he already welded it. . .

I used the JB Plastic Weld on a couple bumper mounts on the wife's Envoy. Originally the bumper skin had molded tabs that were plastic welded to the mounts which are separate pieces. I glued them back together with that stuff a couple years ago and they're still holding. Supposedly it kinda melts the plastic as it cures to get a good bond, like the way PVC glue works.
No, he glued it with a product that has "weld" in the name.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor