Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Gave the old girl some attention on Saturday. Sean and I did the yard work Saturday morning after going out to breakfast with Dad. Then we went out to the storage and swapped my pickup for the Roadmaster. I have a road trip for work a week from tomorrow so I want the car ready. First on the agenda was replacing the blower motor. It started vibrating on speeds 3, 4 and 5 on the last trip. It wasn't a fun project but wasn't awful either. It's just tough getting my enormous carcass under the dash. When I dropped the motor down, I found a small wad of leaves in it along with a block of hard foam, approximately 3"x2"x1.5" in size. The motor was stamped DELCO MADE IN USA so I was inclined that that point to clean it up and put it back in. I believed the stuff in the blower wheel was the source of the vibration.

So I blew it out real good with compressed air and then plugged it back into the car for a test. On the high fan speed, holding it in my hands, I could feel a slight vibration. I tested the replacement motor which is a Genuine GM replacement made in Canada and it was smoother so I went back with it. I kept the original though and boxed it up in the replacement motor's box. I put everything back together and problem solved.

While I had the car at the house I went ahead and did the oil change. The last one was done in July of '21 before my trip to Brownsville. The oil was full and still looked clean. It had about 2,200 miles on it. I went ahead and changed it, because. It got Castrol GTX 5W30 conventional this time with a Delco filter (as always). At that point, it was past 4 PM so I skipped the quick hand carwash I wanted to give it and took it back to the storage. It's about a 40 minute ride each way if traffic is good.

Next week I'll be driving up to Jefferson, Texas for work. That's west of Shreveport and most of the way to Texarkana along US 59 from here. Looks like the round trip should be about 450 miles. I'll be driving home that night so the car will get bug plastered anyway. I'll wash her up the next day and then tuck her back in the storage for another nap.

That's it for now friends. Thanks for following along.

Reactions: 5 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Got a question for you about the door mirrors. What kind of angle is the mount locations? Since I'm not having luck finding C3 power mirrors & you have a last gen B-body you might be able to give some input on if those mirrors would work on my Monte.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Got a question for you about the door mirrors. What kind of angle is the mount locations? Since I'm not having luck finding C3 power mirrors & you have a last gen B-body you might be able to give some input on if those mirrors would work on my Monte.
It doesn't have mirrors like the G-Body or the old B-Body. The mirrors on the car have a triangular shaped mounting surface that mates vertically to the door, ahead of the window, like most of today's cars. Jump back to page 1 on this thread and look at the side view of the car and this will make more sense.

That being said, I'll be glad to take pictures for you or take measurements.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
It doesn't have mirrors like the G-Body or the old B-Body. The mirrors on the car have a triangular shaped mounting surface that mates vertically to the door, ahead of the window, like most of today's cars. Jump back to page 1 on this thread and look at the side view of the car and this will make more sense.

That being said, I'll be glad to take pictures for you or take measurements.
I just looked at the first post to see. I was thinking it was a earlier model with the mirrors mounted on the door skins not the later, Thanks for letting me know & I'll keep the search going then.

Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Does this mean an update is inbound?
download.jpeg-2.jpg

• Haha
  • Indifferent
Reactions: 3 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor