Not open for further replies.

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA
Re: 81 malibu "PROJECT 3 SPEED"

youngdeezy said:
heres a tip
i just jacked this off of my cardomain page so i wouldn't have to type it all up again

Since i havent seen any other g-body guys do theres like this i decided to do mine because i think it's a great idea and mod to do with your ac plate. Just get yourself some FATMAT sound deadner, roller and thats it, my 3 facts why are below.

#1 keeps heat from trying to enter the car and reduces the amount of road noise you hear inside of the vehicle

#2. These ac delete plates do not come with a gasket and bolting them together on your firewall is metal to metal which is not a good thing. the small gap between the metal will allow water to leak and thats something i want to avoid

#3. It just looks cool

DSCN5100.jpg
how much was that fatmat

youngdeezy

G-Body Guru
Jan 4, 2007
cali

ebay for the win it came with the roller & 10 sq ft for 19.99 shipped but they gave me a few extra feet. i used about a 1/3 of what they gave me.....so now i have more to add to the cutty in other areas of the car :wink:

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA

youngdeezy said:
ebay for the win it came with the roller & 10 sq ft for 19.99 shipped but they gave me a few extra feet. i used about a 1/3 of what they gave me.....so now i have more to add to the cutty in other areas of the car :wink:
o ok i was lookin at that the other day ill pick that up tonight.. thanks bro...

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA

ok guys the malibu is official DOWN right now...i was driving to get gas car started normal and everything. once i got to the stop sign by my house it started to die out as if it was running out of gas .. so i thought nothing of it i continued o drive once i got to the light which is about a few blocks the car did the same thing...so i gunned it to the gas station.. once i filled up car started with no problems i leave gas station and i took off the car started to stutter i thought it was cause i was oin 25 in 1st but i got to 3rd gear it did the same thing... so i turn on my street and get ready to turn into the drive way and the car starts dying.. i opened the hood an seen no problems or leaks so i drove it around the block and it cuts of on me on the next block it took about five min for it to restart when i had it off i noticed that the carb was still getting gas it sounded like running water .....SO i dont know what the problem is i took the carb off and im taking it to the shop i had it rebuilt and hopefully it has some kind of warranty or they can fix the problem..

bigjoenvegas

Master Mechanic
Dec 2, 2009
Las Vegas, NV

kuruption109 said:
ok guys the malibu is official DOWN right now...i was driving to get gas car started normal and everything. once i got to the stop sign by my house it started to die out as if it was running out of gas .. so i thought nothing of it i continued o drive once i got to the light which is about a few blocks the car did the same thing...so i gunned it to the gas station.. once i filled up car started with no problems i leave gas station and i took off the car started to stutter i thought it was cause i was oin 25 in 1st but i got to 3rd gear it did the same thing... so i turn on my street and get ready to turn into the drive way and the car starts dying.. i opened the hood an seen no problems or leaks so i drove it around the block and it cuts of on me on the next block it took about five min for it to restart when i had it off i noticed that the carb was still getting gas it sounded like running water .....SO i dont know what the problem is i took the carb off and im taking it to the shop i had it rebuilt and hopefully it has some kind of warranty or they can fix the problem..
That totally sucks! At least you weren't stranded on the other side of town! Sounds like a stuck float but since you just got your carb rebuilt, they should have no problem fixing it for ya. Hope you get back on the road soon!

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA

bigjoenvegas said:
kuruption109 said:
That totally sucks! At least you weren't stranded on the other side of town! Sounds like a stuck float but since you just got your carb rebuilt, they should have no problem fixing it for ya. Hope you get back on the road soon!
has 6 month warranty so it will be getting chkd today

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il

how the power to the battery? i had my elky die on my like was running out of gas, but then all the lights were dimming and the car died. it turned out to be the alternader.

youngdeezy

G-Body Guru
Jan 4, 2007
cali

kuruption109 said:

warranty for the win.....you'll be back on the road in no time. since it died a couple times recharge your battery while your at it so you can recharge those cells. might as well do it so when your crank the key your battery has full power

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA

beermonkey9417 said:
how the power to the battery? i had my elky die on my like was running out of gas, but then all the lights were dimming and the car died. it turned out to be the alternader.
power is good no problems even after tryin to start it for about five mins... ill recharge the battery

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA

youngdeezy said:
kuruption109 said:

warranty for the win.....you'll be back on the road in no time. since it died a couple times recharge your battery while your at it so you can recharge those cells. might as well do it so when your crank the key your battery has full power
dropped carb off today i should have it tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor