Status
Not open for further replies.

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA
Re: 81 malibu "PROJECT 3 SPEED"

patmckinneyracing said:
I took my AC/heat out and I'm over here in south texas. As big as the windows are on our two doors, just roll'em down and you have a convertible lol.

The work looks real good man :D
lol yea thats true.. and if i need ac ill just drive my girls car..

1986elcamino383

Apprentice
Jun 29, 2009
South River NJ

Thats good thinking . I had so many cars with out ac growing up my el camino was the first car to have working ac but it only lasted one season . :rofl:

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA

well guys i OFFICIALLY remove my ac took about 10 mins to take it out was easier than i thought with motor an dash still in...
and im not worried about the heat my job is less than 10 min away

100_0997.jpg

100_0998.jpg

100_0999.jpg

100_1000.jpg

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX

Always easier taking something out than it is putting it back in. What are you going to do for a block off plate? I took a sheet of tin and custom cut one instead of paying a lot of money for one of those fancy ones.

Definately makes reaching the starter and the #6 and 8 spark plugs much easier as well.

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA

patmckinneyracing said:
Always easier taking something out than it is putting it back in. What are you going to do for a block off plate? I took a sheet of tin and custom cut one instead of paying a lot of money for one of those fancy ones.

Definately makes reaching the starter and the #6 and 8 spark plugs much easier as well.
were did u get the tin from? i have a template from the other delete plate i bought so i was gonna go tomorrow to a few shops and see what it would cost to have some made..

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX

To be honest I think we snagged it from the Navy Seal command where my dad was last stationed. Those guys threw out brand new tool boxes every year from snap on for new ones, and had a huge scrap bin full of diamond plate, sheet metal and aluminum. Home depot should sell it though, that or an industrial supply. I have a set of electric sheet metal shears, but you can also use tin snips or a grind with a cutting wheel to get what you want.

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA

patmckinneyracing said:
To be honest I think we snagged it from the Navy Seal command where my dad was last stationed. Those guys threw out brand new tool boxes every year from snap on for new ones, and had a huge scrap bin full of diamond plate, sheet metal and aluminum. Home depot should sell it though, that or an industrial supply. I have a set of electric sheet metal shears, but you can also use tin snips or a grind with a cutting wheel to get what you want.
o ok thanks.. i will add that to my "TO DO LIST TOMORROW"

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis

kuruption109 said:
...im not worried about the heat my job is less than 10 min away...

Well, that may be... But don't you plan on driving to places other than work?

Maybe a cruise? A buddies house? Even just a joy ride?

Removing that stuff on a street car is something I'll just never understand... :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor