"That's a classic!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arok

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 3, 2006
Gainesville, Florida
pontiacgp said:
There are too many of those "kids" who are taking a liking to G bodies and are causing a shortage of parts for us "classic' guys...I don't know about other areas but there are more G bodies cruising around town and less selection of parts in the recycling yards. It took me a few weeks to find a close ratio steering box and it had to come in from out of town... :roll:

I could be totally wrong, but according to some motorhead friends of mine, close rato boxes for a g-body can come from several non g-body cars........That doesn't mean that they aren't hard to find though. I traded my regular steering box for a close ratio, because somebody wanted mine and had what I wanted. That was lucky I'll admit.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
[quote="Arok"I could be totally wrong, but according to some motorhead friends of mine, close rato boxes for a g-body can come from several non g-body cars........That doesn't mean that they aren't hard to find though. I traded my regular steering box for a close ratio, because somebody wanted mine and had what I wanted. That was lucky I'll admit.[/quote]

Your not wrong at all. F bodies also has close ratio boxes and can be installed using the 3 bolts instead of the 4 that F bodies used. The difference is the stops in the F body boxes are different than in the G body. The degrees if I'm not mistaken are 32 for a F body and 37 for a G body so the turning radius for the F box is not at tight as for the G body. There are two ways to fix that...one is to change the stops and the other is to floor the pedal to whip around the rear end... :lol:

85t5mcss

Master Mechanic
Apr 24, 2006
Indy, IN
pontiacgp said:
The degrees if I'm not mistaken are 32 for a F body and 37 for a G body so the turning radius for the F box is not at tight as for the G body.
Just don't forget, a F-Body quick ratio box won't make a G-Body turn like a Camaro. Different Pitman Arms and steering components still come into play. But, if u have a non F41 G-Body, then go for it. U will be happier.

buba198

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 30, 2007
tell you what i have a 78 lemans 2dr and the paint job suck in my opinion and it still is a sweet head turner and i tell you what the best thrill in life is shutting down all the nazis with the rice burners and the 5.0 firefoxs

betsy84

Greasemonkey
Nov 27, 2005
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I turned 20 a couple weeks ago, and I bought my Cutlass when I was 18. Nobody else gets why, but I love the thing... It didnt always look like this either..
IMGP3276.jpg

IMGP3279.jpg

Jman

Greasemonkey
Jan 4, 2006
Ontario
I tkink you should put some new rims on there and sell me those plain ole black rims, lol just kidding

car looks good.

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
betsy84
Thats a nice looking Olds you have there. I like the color. Nice work! :D

BB Olds

Apprentice
Feb 18, 2007
Wi.
beautiful car and i love the wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor