BUILD THREAD The Barn find rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steveshow

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 13, 2015
Are you still looking for vortec manifolds? I am 99% sure I have a pair if I can find where I put them.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
your headers will fit on the vortec heads, as long as you're still talking about the 5.7 variety. I used the same headers from my worn out double humps on my '99 vortec heads.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Holley or FItech are almost the same. Holley will have much better support and the price has dropped down under 1k now. I think either system is a MUCH better choice than keeping the stock setup.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

timbo512

Apprentice
Feb 27, 2018
I ordered a FiTech setup because they have a $100 rebate between now and Dec. I really wanted the whole Holley kit with the electronic distributor but couldn't justify $1800 for EFI on a play car. Also ordered a set of FlowTech longtube headers and a new Proform Race HEI distributor. Need to torque the intake and motor mounts, bolt on the accessories, throw these new parts on, battery, plugs, and all the other goodies I have stuffed in the car. Thinking in about a month she'll be running if I can fit a few hours in each week.

timbo512

Apprentice
Feb 27, 2018
Got the headers mostly put on. Damn that passenger side is a b*tch. You really have to find the the right height when you lift the motor. Took me forever and still need to get the bolts put on that side. Also got the driveshaft installed today.

Question, the oil pressure sending unit was installed by the filter. But I cannot use that location now that I installed the long tube headers. I'll need to plug that port and find a new location. Where have you relocated your sensor to?

timbo512

Apprentice
Feb 27, 2018
My FiTech comes in today. Its out on the truck for delivery. Super excited. Too bad I have something every night this week until Saturday. Just gonna have to sit and drool all over it. Need to install the starter, plugs, wires, accessories, torque the manifold, etc, etc. Too much to do before I can even try it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor