The First Century Turbo Coupe I Purchased (Picture Attached)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
After searching for close to 15 years, I came across this 1979 Buick CTC for sale, it was a no brainer for me, I PURCHASED IT!

I was beginning to wonder if they even existed not ever seeing one in person until the shippers dropped it off at the house. I had the shippers drop it off at my parents home because there was a wider driveway there. I remember my dad coming out and the first thing out of his mouth was what the @#$% is that thing.. LOL!!! I still bust him about it, and he actually likes the car now, but not at 1st site lol. I told him if he didnt shut up, id park it in his front yard....he finished the conversation by telling me if i did, he wouldn't have to pay land taxes anymore LOL.

This is an all original car, rust free with 70K miles. (hood ornament broke) but everything else is truly complete and great for the year! Could use a slight buff on the original lacquer paint. Seats are perfect, runs perfect. I thought i would share because there are truly a lot of people who like these cars and have interest in them. This is the 1st time I ever have posted a pic of it, if you like it, give me a thumbs up, if you hate it, give me two thumbs up :ROFLMAO:

1580836614579.png
1580906786778.png

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 29 users

WanaBa442

G-Body Guru
Aug 5, 2017
New England
The only way that car could be better is with a touch bigger rubber in the rear, the rear end planted and the front tires in the air...……..
Always liked the Byooick nose better on that body style too.
And the turbine style rims,
And the hood bulge.
And the Klingon bird of prey on the fender,
And, well you get the idea.
(y)

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
The only way that car could be better is with a touch bigger rubber in the rear, the rear end planted and the front tires in the air...……..
Always liked the Byooick nose better on that body style too.
And the turbine style rims,
And the hood bulge.
And the Klingon bird of prey on the fender,
And, well you get the idea.
(y)
Appreciate the kind words, thank you! The very first one I ever seen was in a pick and pull yard when i was 16. I loved the way these looked then and now lol.

Last edited:

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Does it still have the carb turbo?

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
Very cool. A few years ago some national Buick show happened to be right in my area, not a ton of cars but there were a couple of turbo Century slant backs in pristine shape. No plans to get a 2nd wagon but if I did a Century sport wagon with that decal/package (unfortunatey none are turbo, I'm fairly certain) with buckets/console would be right up there.

You should have a thread with all of your cars with pictures, pretty sure members here would appreciate them all and everyone likes pictures.

Attachments

• SportWagonBrochure.jpg
    SportWagonBrochure.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 263
Reactions: 3 users

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Very cool. A few years ago some national Buick show happened to be right in my area, not a ton of cars but there were a couple of turbo Century slant backs in pristine shape. No plans to get a 2nd wagon but if I did a Century sport wagon with that decal/package (unfortunatey none are turbo, I'm fairly certain) with buckets/console would be right up there.

You should have a thread with all of your cars with pictures, pretty sure members here would appreciate them all and everyone likes pictures.
Thank you very much! And I love those sport wagons too, never see them lol

Reactions: 1 user

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN

That sport wagon photo gets passed around from time to time. I'm not sure they ever built one. I did see one century wagon with the slope back nose, not the normal century sedan nose listed up in Alberta a few years back, but it didn't have the hood or that paint.

However if I ever do repaint my wagon it will get that sport wagon scheme.

Reactions: 2 users

84 W40

G-Body Guru
Dec 9, 2009
I had posted this in the Regal section under Info, its from 1979 and remember there was more info. I will take a look
20190222_193908.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor