The First Century Turbo Coupe I Purchased (Picture Attached)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCTyphoonKid

G-Body Guru
Mar 17, 2019
Turbo wagon would be cool. Even a 4dr turbo would be cool. Sucks they’re so hard to find.

Reactions: 1 user

see2xu

Apprentice
Nov 30, 2008
Greensboro NC
After searching for close to 15 years, I came across this 1979 Buick CTC for sale, it was a no brainer for me, I PURCHASED IT!

I was beginning to wonder if they even existed not ever seeing one in person until the shippers dropped it off at the house. I had the shippers drop it off at my parents home because there was a wider driveway there. I remember my dad coming out and the first thing out of his mouth was what the @#$% is that thing.. LOL!!! I still bust him about it, and he actually likes the car now, but not at 1st site lol. I told him if he didnt shut up, id park it in his front yard....he finished the conversation by telling me if i did, he wouldn't have to pay land taxes anymore LOL.

This is an all original car, rust free with 70K miles. (hood ornament broke) but everything else is truly complete and great for the year! Could use a slight buff on the original lacquer paint. Seats are perfect, runs perfect. I thought i would share because there are truly a lot of people who like these cars and have interest in them. This is the 1st time I ever have posted a pic of it, if you like it, give me a thumbs up, if you hate it, give me two thumbs up :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 135325 View attachment 135418
My choice, in November of '78, was the Olds stablemate, a 442, because it came with a 4-speed. I remember dicing with one of these on Ontario Highway #16, north from Brockville to our then-home in Ottawa, on a summer day ca 1981. Great fun. I bought a CTC spoiler from a dealer, and had it painted and installed shortly afterwards. I have the twin to my first car (only a TH350 instead of the Saginaw 4-speed) now, AND an NOS CTC spoiler that's going on it this spring. Long live the Aerobacks! Especially the Before-Black Buicks!

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Love that story and thanks for sharing!! Each and every one of us at some point in time can reminisce in what made us all have a passion for the 78-81 "A" and 1982-88 "G" body cars. Each and every story is important!

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
I think you guys know where I stand on this subject... I dig these cars because they are unique. I have the only ones in my area that I have ever seen. I would like to build a mashup between (2) of the cars I own. Century Coupe with an 87 GN Intercooled drivetrain. The Ultimate Buick CTC.

Reactions: 3 users

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
I think you guys know where I stand on this subject... I dig these cars because they are unique. I have the only ones in my area that I have ever seen. I would like to build a mashup between (2) of the cars I own. Century Coupe with an 87 GN Intercooled drivetrain. The Ultimate Buick CTC.
That would be INCREDIBLE!!

• Agree

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Turbo wagon would be cool. Even a 4dr turbo would be cool. Sucks they’re so hard to find.
That Buick wagon that the guy built as a GN wagon total front end, drive train and all was really cool. It was on here maybe 2 years ago.

Reactions: 1 users

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
That Buick wagon that the guy built as a GN wagon total front end, drive train and all was really cool. It was on here maybe 2 years ago.
That was pretty kkool looking, although Im kinda partial to that tight smaller Century front end for the wagon look. With the Gn nose, they look so long lol

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
I dig it, I never knew such existed.
Thanks for the compliment Ricketts! Appreciate it! They are extremely scarce with a documented 61 produced in 1979. I see your a new G body Family member, WELOCME my friend!! Its a great site, and even greater members.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
If I had the time left after I finish my Elcamino300, I’d love to replicate the GN wagon, but as a 2 dr.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor