The "I'm Obsessive With Lawn Tractors" Thread

My wheel horse has a failing fuel pump on it. I replaced the original one with an Amazon cheap one last year. It's now failing. I'm not thrilled with the plastic push in fittings. There cheap and I'm not expecting much, but don't want to replace them this often.

Even the expensive ones have those plastic fittings.

Anyone here switch to an electric fuel pump. The guys on forums say it's great. I figure if I make sure to get the right psi pump there shouldn't be much drawback.

So anyone here done it? What are your thoughts?

Reactions: 1 users
My wheel horse has a failing fuel pump on it. I replaced the original one with an Amazon cheap one last year. It's now failing. I'm not thrilled with the plastic push in fittings. There cheap and I'm not expecting much, but don't want to replace them this often.

Even the expensive ones have those plastic fittings.

Anyone here switch to an electric fuel pump. The guys on forums say it's great. I figure if I make sure to get the right psi pump there shouldn't be much drawback.

So anyone here done it? What are your thoughts?
I have not. But I do not like any of the Amazon/eBay carbs or fuel pumps. They all fail or plain don't work. I stick with OE stuff, even though it is stupid expensive. Personally, I'd go that route.

That said, I can't think of any reason an electric pump couldn't work. Keyed to ignition, it should be very low pressure, most of these engines will run on gravity feed tanks.

Reactions: 1 user
Absolutely need it, probably not. Nasty itchy urge to pull the trigger and bring it home.................Well, YEAH!!!!:D

Nick

I have not. But I do not like any of the Amazon/eBay carbs or fuel pumps. They all fail or plain don't work. I stick with OE stuff, even though it is stupid expensive. Personally, I'd go that route.

That said, I can't think of any reason an electric pump couldn't work. Keyed to ignition, it should be very low pressure, most of these engines will run on gravity feed tanks.
If going the aftermarket electric fuel pump route, might want to give some consideration to plumbing in a fuel pressure regulator between it and the carb, just as safety measure.

Nick

My current garden tractor is a Deere x540 that I have a Johnny bucket for and made an electric sleeve hitch for. My coolest old tractor I have to find pictures of was an allis Chalmers hb212 with a front end loader. Back when the kids were young I had a bunch of tractor pulling garden tractors and cool old restores. I need to find all the pictures
20200816_114518.jpg
WP_20160523_19_24_33_Pro~2.jpg
IMG_20180902_171753.jpg

20240608_162054.jpg

I think i need super swampers!

The electric fuel pump works great. It starts so easy and quick now! Turn the key and it fires almost instantly. No more long cranks.

Reactions: 2 users
Preliminary cause of death....broke motor!

20240626_175435.jpg

Idling and stopped dead with a clang. Starter wont spin the motor, made a clang and stopped spinning when i tried to restart it.

Didnt dig into it yet, but its pretty obvious.

• Sad
  • Wow
My cib cadet 2155 is up for grabs for some type of rational offer, cash or trade.

Also have a super bronco partly stripped down, no seat, hood, couple flat tires, no deck, probably other misc stuff. Had gotten it from a guy building a racing tractor the hoa put an end to. Carb and accessories aren't on the engine, but, it did turn over with good compression before I robbed the battery and the toggle switch for the starter to put in the 2155 last year. Amd its been stored indoors. It was a parts mower for the two other troy builts we had was my thinking.

If someone hears value to themselves in their head, lemme know your thoughts.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor