BUILD THREAD “The Juggernaut”

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
It is a shame to cover it. If I had your skills and made anything remotely as awesome I would have to find a way to show case it. That's just me though. Excellent job.

Reactions: 4 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
It is a shame to cover it. If I had your skills and made anything remotely as awesome I would have to find a way to show case it. That's just me though. Excellent job.

Thanks Tony, I appreciate the compliment and your thoughts.

I think though, when people glance in at the interior and see that custom rear firewall, and then the different shape of the floor, their interest will be peaked. Enough so, that they’ll want to have a look at the underside of the car which is where most of the real story is anyways. (Suspension, brakes, chassis etc)

So while all this work may not be showcased in the most obvious sense, when it’s all together those who truly want to know what’s going on with, and why the floor looks like it does, will still be rewarded with the view from the underside.

My thoughts anyways.
🙂

• Agree
Reactions: 9 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Thanks Tony, I appreciate the compliment and your thoughts.

I think though, when people glance in at the interior and see that custom rear firewall, and then the different shape of the floor, their interest will be peaked. Enough so, that they’ll want to have a look at the underside of the car which is where most of the real story is anyways. (Suspension, brakes, chassis etc)

So while all this work may not be showcased in the most obvious sense, when it’s all together those who truly want to know what’s going on with, and why the floor looks like it does, will still be rewarded with the view from the underside.

My thoughts anyways.
🙂
And thats all that really counts, I would also just be clearing it to show off all that metal skill. Glad to see you aren't a show off like the rest of us, haha

• Haha
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Nicely done. To someone completely unfamiliar with the stock floor pan layout would think it is. Of course, it looks much better than GM's mass production finished product.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Nicely done. To someone completely unfamiliar with the stock floor pan layout would think it is. Of course, it looks much better than GM's mass production finished product.

Thanks Christian, that’s a compliment that means more to me than most would realize. Whenever Mike and I build custom stuff, we try and approach it from the perspective of “what would it look like if GM had’ve built it?” It could be the most outrageous and custom part ever made, but we would try and make it look as if it possibly could’ve been made that way from the factory.

So yeah, that was a compliment that has more weight for us for sure. Makes me think we’re doing something right if others are thinking the same way!
Thank you.

Reactions: 5 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Your metal working skills are amazing Donovan. You should be very proud! 👏

Reactions: 2 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
If GM built it, your welds would be a whole lot sh*ttier. :)

But this is exactly why you take pics, and put them in the "build/brag book" or whatever you want to call it. Now, get ready to cover dat bish!

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Very nice Donovan! Looks like your friend Mike is quite skilled as well. You should be very proud of all that work.

Appreciate it Jeff, thank you.
Mike is definitely very good. Not quite at my skill level, but rock solid and reliable. I know if I set him on a task, I don’t have to watch over his shoulder to make sure it’s done right. No ego or conceit, he’s just not at the same skill level as me. He’s more of a “ok, this is what’s gotta be done, so let’s get after it” kinda guy. I’m more of the thinker and finesse guy, I can take our ideas and figure out the best way to do them and usually make it look good in the process. Likewise, if I have an idea, he often adds in his suggestions that might work better or add in something I may have overlooked. I guess that’s why we work so well together, we have since day one.

I guess you could say he’s the Ying to my automotive Yang. We compliment each other’s work very well.

Your metal working skills are amazing Donovan. You should be very proud! 👏

Thanks Shawn.
At the risk of sounding pretentious or egotistical (which I most certainly am not), I am indeed very proud of it. It’s been a massive year-long undertaking, fuelled only by an idea and vision in my head, so naturally it’s very rewarding to see it finally come to fruition. I’m proud of the fact that Mike and I were able to go from nothing more than that idea to a successful, visually appealing finished product with nothing more than a couple of good tools and our skills.

Now, get ready to cover dat bish!

Not quite yet, but soon. As soon as the last floor section is 100% done, I’ll immediately be jumping back on the rear firewall. The seam sealer has had more than enough time to cure, and I don’t like having the filler exposed for that long, so it’s time to epoxy it ASAP. Only the rear firewall, the little exposed bits of rear wheelwells, and possibly the sides will get shot in epoxy for now.

The inside of the floor will have to wait for it’s seam sealer and epoxy until after the front firewall is done and the body is up on the rotisserie. There’s a ton of grinding to do on the underside of the floor, and I will more than likely find a few spots that will need some welding and TLC. (Pinholes and that sort of thing). If I epoxy the inside of the floor now, that’ll just get burnt when we weld on the underside.

Better to hold off for now until the work on the underside is done first.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Oh, I get that. I was just being pushy. I know there's still more prep work before you can put the finishing touches on it. But it's looking really good. Hopefully, it's matching your hopes on how it's turning out. I doubt if you'll find anyone that would discount your work. This is a testament to regardless of the job, the details matter.

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor