BUILD THREAD “The Juggernaut”

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Yessir, just been extremely busy with work and other things lately. Today was my 50th birthday, so I took it off from work and went and burned up several miles in Olds Cool just to get away from everything for a couple hours.

View attachment 220205

As per usual, I’m way behind in updating the thread on this, so hopefully I can rectify that in the next couple days. I’ve got a particularly large update to do on the “mystery fabrication project” now that I’m done it, and some of the guys on here are already privy to it via an Instagram post I did last week. It’s the sheer size and volume of information that I’ve got to convey on the project that’s got me dragging my heels on it. It’ll more than likely take several posts to get it all out there, but hopefully it’ll be worth it.

Thanks for the concern Jared, much appreciated.
Happy Birthday brother!

Reactions: 1 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Happy Birthday GIF

Reactions: 2 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I’ll get to posting the updates on the mystery fabrication project here soon, but in the meantime, here’s another quick one.

With springtime upon us and nicer weather, Mike and I are pretty much done with our co-shared garage Sundays. Whereas he’s content with not looking at his car again until fall, I keep going, especially during times of crappy weather. So this weekend, I logged in appropriately 10 hours over the last two days and knocked out the rest of the passenger’s side wheelwell closeout panel.

This is the only picture I have of when he started, but it gives a good idea of what we started with:

4B4825FF-5567-4F7E-9007-CF28B74BF2EF.jpeg

And now today, after I finished it up:

DD89FD52-FDE6-426C-A8A2-6D2BBF8E4734.jpeg

This front bottom corner is good, I templated off the other side to ensure both sides looked the same when I was done:

CF53439D-6B09-4FAC-875C-7DA9D69BB695.jpeg

The backside corner however, will have to remain somewhat unfinished for now. When I welded in the crudely made body mount repair panel on the underside of the trunk floor back in my 20’s, I kinda made a mess of the wheelwell flange with a lot of heavy welds:

FDE2002D-23D2-4AE8-8D6A-00F99E2E1E96.jpeg

So the remainder of this area will have to wait until the body is on the rotisserie and that repair is cut out and fixed properly with the correctly shaped aftermarket kit.

But for now, I’m extremely happy with the end result. It looks so much better with that large gap all filled in again.

629A8BDB-A864-4764-AD1E-1E68F54EB4D2.jpeg

D.

Reactions: 16 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I’ll get to posting the updates on the mystery fabrication project here soon, but in the meantime, here’s another quick one.

With springtime upon us and nicer weather, Mike and I are pretty much done with our co-shared garage Sundays. Whereas he’s content with not looking at his car again until fall, I keep going, especially during times of crappy weather. So this weekend, I logged in appropriately 10 hours over the last two days and knocked out the rest of the passenger’s side wheelwell closeout panel.

This is the only picture I have of when he started, but it gives a good idea of what we started with:

View attachment 220411

And now today, after I finished it up:

View attachment 220407

This front bottom corner is good, I templated off the other side to ensure both sides looked the same when I was done:

View attachment 220409

The backside corner however, will have to remain somewhat unfinished for now. When I welded in the crudely made body mount repair panel on the underside of the trunk floor back in my 20’s, I kinda made a mess of the wheelwell flange with a lot of heavy welds:

View attachment 220408

So the remainder of this area will have to wait until the body is on the rotisserie and that repair is cut out and fixed properly with the correctly shaped aftermarket kit.

But for now, I’m extremely happy with the end result. It looks so much better with that large gap all filled in again.

View attachment 220410

D.
Beautiful work, as always.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reactions: 1 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Been busy this summer tackling a huge, loooong overdue project: the bodywork on the hood.

The hood, for those of you who might remember, was scratch built from 3 stock hoods and designed to flow out of the factory body lines on the header panel. After the fabrication was done, the hood sat in bare metal for several years as I concentrated on other areas of the car, and even restored Olds Cool.

The Juggernaut has never had an actual finished hood on it ever since I dropped the big block in it, so to say this is a major milestone is a massive understatement.

IMG_3466.jpeg

IMG_3467.jpeg

IMG_3465.jpeg

IMG_3463.jpeg

IMG_3464.jpeg

IMG_3462.jpeg

Unfortunately the pictures don’t really do it justice, but the passenger’s side is very flat and straight, so nice to finally see. I have a bit more to do on this side yet, but soon I’ll be onto the driver’s side. It’s just roughed out in short strand fibreglass filler right now.

Still a ways to go yet, but it’s shaping up quite nicely. Suffice to say I’m very pleased to see it all coming together.

D.

• Love
  • In Love
Reactions: 17 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Been busy this summer tackling a huge, loooong overdue project: the bodywork on the hood.

The hood, for those of you who might remember, was scratch built from 3 stock hoods and designed to flow out of the factory body lines on the header panel. After the fabrication was done, the hood sat in bare metal for several years as I concentrated on other areas of the car, and even restored Olds Cool.

The Juggernaut has never had an actual finished hood on it ever since I dropped the big block in it, so to say this is a major milestone is a massive understatement.

View attachment 226626

View attachment 226627

View attachment 226625

View attachment 226623

View attachment 226624

View attachment 226621

Unfortunately the pictures don’t really do it justice, but the passenger’s side is very flat and straight, so nice to finally see. I have a bit more to do on this side yet, but soon I’ll be onto the driver’s side. It’s just roughed out in short strand fibreglass filler right now.

Still a ways to go yet, but it’s shaping up quite nicely. Suffice to say I’m very pleased to see it all coming together.

D.
Salivating Homer Simpson GIF

• Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Going to be badazz for sure 👍
Cannot wait to see her all primered up. Great job per usual D.
Edit... don't know if you told us already but what type of hood pins (not really looking like pins) are you using?????
Can't believe someone hasn't asked already.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor