BUILD THREAD “The Juggernaut”

drb930

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 25, 2007
Los Angeles
Thanks for that!
Like you I haven't found much info on installing these.
I believe the Celebrity lights are smaller in height than the Caprice?
Reason I will be going with the Caprice is they fit the ElCo Header better as they are the same size as the Quads I will be removing.
SO basically I will need Caprice Header Buckets to graft these in?

Thanks,
Dave

Reactions: 1 user

random_farmhick

Apprentice
Dec 13, 2020
I'm going to have to do something very similar on the hood for my elcamino with the lb7 duramax, and I can only hope that it comes out at least half as good as yours is...

Reactions: 1 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Other than a final quick skim of putty to fill in any pinholes and sand scratches, the bodywork on the passenger’s side of the hood is done. Just addressed the inside radius last night, which was a real challenge considering it’s a decreasing taper from back to front.

IMG_3473.jpeg

IMG_3469.jpeg

Tonight we start on the driver’s side. The putty skim will come last, once both sides are done. I just wish the pictures showed more of the detail.

I sure am happy with how this is turning out, it’s so nice just to sit and look at!

• Love
Reactions: 16 users

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
Haven't been on this forum in 4 years and I'm glad to see this thread still at the top and the build just as, if not more insane than I remembered. What's up Rktpwrd?

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Haven't been on this forum in 4 years and I'm glad to see this thread still at the top and the build just as, if not more insane than I remembered. What's up Rktpwrd?

So you're rewarding him for not being done yet?

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Yep, I’m back to plugging away on it as time allows again. Welcome back, nice to see you on here again. 4 years? I’ve finished restoring my other G body, Project Olds Cool in that time as well.
Thanks for the compliments on The Juggernaut, it’s appreciated as always!

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
So you're rewarding him for not being done yet?

When you’ve accomplished what I’ve accomplished, and to the extent that I’ve gone to on your G body, and only during evenings and weekends, then you can come talk to me, and tell me how long it took you.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
When you’ve accomplished what I’ve accomplished, and to the extent that I’ve gone to on your G body, and only during evenings and weekends, then you can come talk to me, and tell me how long it took you.
I've got one at 24 years.... well, if you want to get technical, 40 years and 7 months, that hasn't had nearly the amount done, and, isn't finished. Does that count?.?. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Wrapped up the bulk of the filler and blocking work the other night, so the bodywork on the hood, header panel, and tops of the fenders is officially done. Just have to skim all the surfaces one last time with finishing glazing putty to fill in any pinholes, deep sanding scratches, and any deficiencies that may have been missed.

IMG_3479.jpeg

IMG_3493.jpeg

IMG_3494.jpeg

IMG_3495.jpeg

I used a common contour gauge to map out the outside radius on the passenger's side, and make the driver’s side match exactly. Worked like a charm.

IMG_3488.jpeg

IMG_3489.jpeg

Once the blocking of the putty is done, then the edges will get addressed, then it should be time for epoxy and high build primer.

IMG_3496.jpeg

Getting closer!

• Winner
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor