BUILD THREAD “The Juggernaut”

I like where this is going...flares will set it off. I always thought they needed a bit more than plain wheel well trim.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Not really. These are stock Malibu flares on stock Cutlass fenders, so there’s not really anything widebody about it. Just simple factory flares on a car that never came with them.
Pretty sure that is all Dodge does on the Scat Pack and Hellcat wide bodies to fit fatter tires. Cool, at any rate. It will be another way your car will stand out.

Reactions: 1 users
Jeff, the shape of the Malibu fender openings is uncannily similar to the Cutlass ones. I mean, like scary close. Once we had the parts of the Cutlass fender trimmed out of the way and were able to move the flare halves fore and aft, the damn curvatures lined up! Like perfectly. I assure you, no one was more shocked than I. I mean, I knew it would be close, but perfectly? I felt like I had just won the lottery at that point.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I’d rather be lucky than good, and I was very VERY lucky here.

I’ve known Mike for almost 20 years now, and we’ve always worked well together. He likes to say we’re two people with the same brain. We’re constantly on the same wavelength, I’m usually already thinking what he’s suggesting, and vice versa. I’m very lucky indeed.
That is amazing how well those Malibu flared edges fit the contour of the Cutlass fender, and it looks killer too! 👍

Good friends are hard to come by, I’m fortunate to have a couple long time friends to hang around with!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
It’s funny, since you showed this mod, I looked at my Malibu next to my Grand Prix. As slab sided as the Malibu is, it looks wider than the GP.

Reactions: 1 users
With Chevy parts... I can hear your frown from here
What chebby parts on an Olds? I have never seen that, ever. Not factory from GM or anything weird like that🫠

Reactions: 3 users
Reactions: 1 user
With Chevy parts... I can hear your frown from here

At this point, I'm calling it a "Weird Body" Cutlass. :giggle:

What chebby parts on an Olds? I have never seen that, ever. Not factory from GM or anything weird like that🫠

Nope, never seen it in my driveway.

Ok ok, everybody just calm down and relax. Y’all outta be familiar enough with my work to know that it’ll be seamless and look like it might’ve come that way from the factory by the time I’m done. Chebby or Olds, at least it’s all genuine GM steel and not some hideous fibreglass abomination that looks like it died during the disco era!

IMG_3761.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Ok ok, everybody just calm down and relax. Y’all outta be familiar enough with my work to know that it’ll be seamless and look like it might’ve come that way from the factory by the time I’m done. Chebby or Olds, at least it’s all genuine GM steel and not some hideous fibreglass abomination that looks like it died during the disco era!

View attachment 231585
Personally, I have full trust that you will execute it to perfection, as everything else that’s been posted. The only thing I’m not 100% in agreement on, is the header panel selection. Personally I’m a Calais fan, over a supreme. I love everything you did, but if it was my car, Calais grilles all the way. But it’s your car so, screw me.
Now that I’ve criticized you, I’ll reiterate, Awesome job. And keep the updates coming.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor