BUILD THREAD “The Juggernaut”

Hey Injectedcutty, I thought we all agreed NO P*RN on the channel.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Spotted the perfect wing out in the wild today. Person was actually sitting in the car when I walked up to grab the picture. They can’t think this looks good, can they?
IMG_0056.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Sad
Spotted the perfect wing out in the wild today. Person was actually sitting in the car when I walked up to grab the picture. They can’t think this looks good, can they?View attachment 235501
That's not actually for carrying ski's, a bike or something? 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
While you were envisioning the spoiler in your head, you envisioned this guy, too? :)

1708865977628.png

• Haha
  • Scared
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users

Not that you need this but may help with your thoughts. Monte Carlo with Challenger spoiler modified to fit. Looks pretty good for what it is.

The eBay purchase of some 3rd Gen Camaro mirrors arrived a couple days ago, I bought them just for the electric motors, or so I thought.

I’m glad I got these as a complete package, as several things are very different with them vs manual mirrors, the triangular mounting cages and even the screws to name a few.

I spent an entire evening just cleaning up all the parts and pieces, even wire wheeled the cages and screws before repainting them. The wiring conduit was covered in green overspray from a previous repaint, and the wires themselves were covered in gooey black tar sh*t. Not to mention the collection of dead bugs and spider webs. (What is it about car mirrors that spiders love so damn much anyways?)

Now that everything is cleaned up, I’m pleased to report that the Camaro pieces retrofit into the Monte SS housings perfectly. I’ll get some new mirror glass and a new Camaro switch coming very soon to truly make these like brand new again.

I might actually have to decide on my upper two tone color sooner than I thought so I can paint the insides of the housings before I final assemble them! Still waiting on the 3D printed door gaskets, so there’s that.
😕

View attachment 233534

View attachment 233535

View attachment 233536

View attachment 233538

View attachment 233539

View attachment 233540

View attachment 233537

View attachment 233541

View attachment 233542

View attachment 233543

View attachment 233544

View attachment 233545
How hard did you have to pull to get the glass off? I had given mine a tug or 2 a few weeks ago to gauge it, but didn't seem like it moved and didn't want to break it until I am at that point. But probably going to be tackling this pretty soon so that I can do the mirrors and the door poppers at the same time

Reactions: 3 users
How hard did you have to pull to get the glass off? I had given mine a tug or 2 a few weeks ago to gauge it, but didn't seem like it moved and didn't want to break it until I am at that point. But probably going to be tackling this pretty soon so that I can do the mirrors and the door poppers at the same time

When I did mine, I carefully removed the plastic carrier that the glass sits in from the motor attachment. CAREFULLY being the operative word here. Gotta keep in mind that these are 40ish year old parts, and can be very brittle depending on the life they’ve lived, and their exposure to the elements.

The weak link is where the carrier attaches to the motor at the little pot metal cross. The cross clips into the backside of the plastic carrier, and that’s where it’s most likely to break on you. I got lucky and managed to get the two separated without breaking anything.

From there, I found that the glass is attached to the plastic carrier with some simple urethane like you’d find holding your windshield in. If you’re really careful you might be able to separate the glass from the carrier with a small XActo or putty knife, but don’t count on it. The glass sits recessed in the carrier and is nearly impossible to get anything in underneath it. I broke the glass on both of mine getting them out which wasn’t a big deal because I knew I’d be replacing them anyways.

Good luck.

• Useful
Reactions: 7 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor