BUILD THREAD “The Juggernaut”

Happy Fresh Prince GIF by Nick At Nite

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
D,
That's a nice looking spoiler on the GN, but honestly, I'm not a fan of the cut away section in the middle, and perhaps a tad lower or smaller. I realize that our tastes vary somewhat, but something along those lines would look cool.

Reactions: 6 users
it's not that the current spoiler is bad or ill fitting-you did some work to make it work without it jumping out at you and looking out of sorts but you wouldn't give it a second look it looks like a second gen that got slapped on without any difficulity. given the amount of outside the box thinking you subscribe to there's no way you'll settle for less at this point.look at your fender work,the amount of people that'll notice the diffrence will be slim but when someone is looking at the fender and can't tell whats diffrent but they know there's something going on there..that's what's up.

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users
D,
That's a nice looking spoiler on the GN, but honestly, I'm not a fan of the cut away section in the middle, and perhaps a tad lower or smaller. I realize that our tastes vary somewhat, but something along those lines would look cool.

Thanks for voicing your opinion Jack, all views are welcome. They may not affect my decision, but they’re still welcome all the same. 😅

That cut out is actually functional, there’s a reason you see it on many spoilers especially on lowered vehicles. It’s for visibility behind the car. Some taller spoilers may obstruct the view through the rear view mirror, hence the need for the notch.

We may need to agree to disagree on this, to me the height and proportions look just right on that car, and I believe they will on mine as well. I don’t think I’d change much on it TBH, but then again I like a more aggressive look.

Reactions: 3 users
Thanks for voicing your opinion Jack, all views are welcome. They may not affect my decision, but they’re still welcome all the same. 😅

That cut out is actually functional, there’s a reason you see it on many spoilers especially on lowered vehicles. It’s for visibility behind the car. Some taller spoilers may obstruct the view through the rear view mirror, hence the need for the notch.

We may need to agree to disagree on this, to me the height and proportions look just right on that car, and I believe they will on mine as well. I don’t think I’d change much on it TBH, but then again I like a more aggressive look.
D,
Thanks for enlightening me on the cutaway function of the spoiler. It certainly makes sense to me now. I could understand the more aggressive look of the spoiler, comparing it to how radical the car looks overall. And again, we do what satisfies us and makes us happy. We're all individuals with individual tastes.
How ever it will be done, it will be done tastefully and artistically. As always, keep up the good work.

Last edited:
What if you took some .030 wire and duplicated the profile of the trunk lid. The center is raised a little and the sides drop down slightly. You could use that to make the spoiler profile match the trunk profile.

Hutch

Reactions: 4 users
What if you took some .030 wire and duplicated the profile of the trunk lid. The center is raised a little and the sides drop down slightly. You could use that to make the spoiler profile match the trunk profile.

Hutch
when we wire form the mock trans tunnels at work we actually use filler rod,it's easy to form by hand/tack together easy etc.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor