BUILD THREAD “The Juggernaut”

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Donovan, I'm looking forward to some progress on the 'naut this winter. I'm guessing you'll be back on it by then now that you're wrapping up Olds Cool. I'm looking forward to seeing the Rktpwrd Skunkworks fully unleashed again.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Donovan, I'm looking forward to some progress on the 'naut this winter. I'm guessing you'll be back on it by then now that you're wrapping up Olds Cool. I'm looking forward to seeing the Rktpwrd Skunkworks fully unleashed again.
This will never be done. He'll be in an endless loop of repairing rock chips and door dings on Olds Cool from here on out! :p

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
New, that's me. Picked this up from a thread on El Camino Central as I just became the proud owner of an '87 Caballero and have been reading Everything G-body. 78 pages and read every word, and with each page my vocabulary of appropriate descriptions got successively smaller. Great, amazing, holy s***, all tossed out, don't come close to being descriptive enough. The only thing I'm left with is a scene from Wayne's World. "We're Not Worthy"....

Just wanted to add my unworthy 2¢. Thank you for this.

Thank you very much! I’m glad you’ve enjoyed the reimagining of it so far. I’m chomping at the bit to get back on it again. I really appreciate the kind words and interest in it, I’m just happy to share it with everyone.

Look for progress to resume on it starting (hopefully) this fall.

You did not mdntion air conditioning. I put a 69 Toro 455 in my 79 Cutlass. Had to refabricate the a/c panel to make room for the valve cover. Looking very nice. Good luck on your build.

Correct, I didn’t mention air conditioning because this isn’t that kind of build. Where I live there’s not much actual need for a/c other than maybe 3 or 4 times a year. The rest of the time on a build like this it’s just more clutter and unnecessary weight.

I’ve heard that there can be interference issues with a 455 in an a/c car, but sometimes concessions have to be made when stuffing a big block in where it was never intended to be.

Thanks Jared, that’s the plan.
I do have several things left on Olds Cool before I’ll be fully satisfied to move back on to The Juggernaut, but I can’t see any real roadblocks that’ll keep me from it.

Yet, anyways.

I’ve yet to decide exactly where I’m gonna pick back up on it, but regardless it should be entertaining just the same. I’ve felt so restricted in what I can do with Olds Cool with it being mostly a restoration, I’m REALLY looking forward to being able to unleash my creative side and use my fabrication skills again on The Juggernaut again.

This will never be done. He'll be in an endless loop of repairing rock chips and door dings on Olds Cool from here on out! :p

I used to like you...
😝😁

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Actually, it’s kinda funny that you said this. Just yesterday Scott texted me looking for a link to the air ride testing video I did way back to show his neighbor.
So I found it and sent it to him.
He responded with a thanks, and how much he loves that car.
I responded that I was looking forward to getting back on it, but at least with Olds Cool I’ve proven that I can follow through on a car and actually finish it!
😅

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Got a long sought after part from the brown Santa today, a 90 degree O-ring swivel Olds water neck from a fellow member.

9B8BF6F6-9A44-4044-B5BA-6AF7167B02B7.jpeg

I already have the Robb MC version, but in the traditional Olds 45 degree.

AA2575FE-1996-4F02-961E-CC219C647B15.jpeg

I may be putting the finishing touches on Project Olds Cool, but I’m always planning for the future when it comes to The Juggernaut.
I think this 90 degree water neck will make the routing of the upper rad hose a little cleaner, something that I’ve been thinking about doing for some time now.

1C998CF9-3786-438C-AA3A-676749487B54.jpeg

I bought it with some adapters both solid and ported, to give me some options for either 4 corner cooling or possibly even adding heater hoses back in, something that my electric water pump doesn’t have provisions for.

image.jpg

A big thanks to ExtremeSupreme for a successful transaction.

(Betcha all thought this was gonna be an update, didn’t ya?!?!)
😂

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 17 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Part collecting is better than nothing. Hell, I almost enough parts for two engine builds. Oh wait, I've had enough parts for 5 years to build one short block, now I have enough for almost another...😳 Larry's stuff is well made, I am using his Serpentine adapters on the 88 Cutlass. I say 4 corner cooling is a good idea on a 455. I imagine your motor doesn't run on the warm side but a lot of 455's do. I see that also eliminates the thermostat bypass, probably not an issue with an electric water pump. Not like you would use the heater a lot but it is nice to have the option. More is always better. The 90 degree angle is also unique to Larry's adapter. I kind of wish someone would try two O rings grooves in the bottom to replace the gasket. One around the main opening and a smaller one around the bypass port.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor