BB7D9B19-EEA2-430A-86FA-04B93CE96A5D.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Alright guys, enough messing with y’all, full disclosure time.

While yes, it’s true that I may have been stirring the pot a bit with my teaser posts, the fact of the matter is that I’ve merely been trying to revive interest in this thread and the car. I think most of y’all already know that. Much time has passed since I’ve done any work on the car, and I’m just hoping to get you all as excited to see me back to it as I am.

That being said, things are out of my hands temporarily. I’ve done what I promised to do to help my elderly neighbor get his cars reassembled and running, but now he needs a little time to get his garage straightened and cleaned up before I can move Olds Cool over there. I think the last 3 weeks of working on those cars, and the last 3 days in particular took a lot out of him. He wasn’t looking very good on Sunday when the cars left. (Bad heart and other health issues).

He promised he’d only need a day or two to get his garage straightened up, and I asked him to let me know when he was ready. So hopefully, by the end of the day today or tomorrow, I can get Olds Cool moved over there and The Juggernaut on the car dollies and moved over front and center.

Before any work can commence on The Juggernaut, a full and thorough cleaning is going to be in order. It’s been sitting virtually untouched for at least 3 or 4 years now, through all the stages of bodywork on Olds Cool. Grinding slag, bondo and primer dust, even polish splatter from polishing the wet sanding has all ended up on the old girl, despite my best efforts to keep it covered up.

So that’s where we’ll start. I’ve already begun a major purge and cleaning of The Skunkworks, I want a fresh start with a clean shop and fresh ideas to help the creativity and work flow.

Once the car is clean and ready to go, Mike and I will do an evaluation to determine where we’re at on it, and what should be done first. I’m personally leaning very heavily towards revisiting the floor, a new transmission tunnel needs fabricating and welding in, the floor itself needs the notch around the transmission crossmember under the seats finished, and I’m unhappy with the current exhaust pass-throughs where the back seat used to be.

I’ve got some ideas on what I want to do there this time around, it’ll just be a matter of figuring out the best way to do it and making it look good.

A lot has changed in this hobby since I began this second envisioning of the car, the original idea was to build a max effort, no holds barred, extreme version of a G body. Since then however, guys have consistently upped the ante and completely blown away what I ever thought would be possible. Now my “extreme version vision” may not be so extreme anymore. (The thought of 1000 hp builds almost becoming the norm now is what I’m thinking of). But with that in mind, don’t expect to see any radical changes in direction from me. I love the vibe and look of this car now and the work that’s been done so far, and won’t be deviating from it. If anything, it’ll just be refining it.

So that’s where we currently stand. I know y’all are getting a little frustrated and maybe a little let down as this seems to be dragging out, but I beg just a little more patience friends. We’re almost there.

D.

• Love
Reactions: 18 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
oh no we're not frustrated or let down,we all know what goes into these things and how important other aspects of life really are.we enjoy the level of work that you bring to the table here,it's awesome.whenever that maybe..

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Replying so I can get notifications again. And very excited as most of you...

Reactions: 3 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor