The Junkyard Interchange and Rarities Thread

TheHomie

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 24, 2015
Also will the door seals for an El Camino fit a 78 Monte Carlo? I know the roof rail seals wont fit but I found an El Camino with New door seals. :mrgreen: But I was wondering it there was any difference in the mounting locations along the seal?

godlemmy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 14, 2011
Cleveland,oh
Malibu doors aND el camino doors are the same. Just the glass is different. Malibu and monte carlo seals should be the same. Check soft seal catalog to confirm

LOCOGOMEZ

Greasemonkey
May 19, 2014
Southern IL
I have been going around and looking for the brake upgrade but no luck... A crap ton of 4wd vehicles but not the 2wd. Has anyone done the conversion of electic fans, if so what vehicle should i look for? I do have the 307 in my car now.

godlemmy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 14, 2011
Cleveland,oh
The 2wd blazer is a direct swap.I think there was a tech article on malibu racing.com about the electric fan swap. I think they were using the fans out of lincoln marks and Continentals.just about any dual fan set will work. Just measure your rad then find one that will work

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
bucket seat and split bench seat track mounts and floor console brackets. just takes a drill with a spot weld cutter attached and some time. but you can buy new reproduction pieces too.

403Olds

G-Body Guru
May 31, 2014
South Central Ohio
I have been going around and looking for the brake upgrade but no luck... A crap ton of 4wd vehicles but not the 2wd. Has anyone done the conversion of electic fans, if so what vehicle should i look for? I do have the 307 in my car now.

There's a pair of Blazer brakes at a junkyard close to me, they had two Blazers in there when I nabbed mine. I got the fans off a 88 Camaro, but they are the same as a 90's caprice, roadmaster, etc. work great to cool my 403

gmparts

Greasemonkey
Jan 27, 2013
Hey guys im building a 81 2dr.Malibu which needs passenger and driver door glass and i was wondering would any other gbody glass fit or would i have to track down malibu glass only

Glass fits according to Hollander

78-81 Malibu exc El camino
79-80 century
79-80 cutlass fastback
79-81 le mans

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
I once found a red dome light lens, must have been a aftermarket piece.

• Optimistic
Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor