BUILD THREAD The Mullet Maurader, The Epic of the LS swapped Buick

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Finished the intercooler mounts last night and painted them up. But wasn't really worth a thread update so here it all is.

Intercooler is mounted, nice and solid on some 3/16" flat bar with tabs welded on. I cut a slot for the turbo cold side to go to the intercooler behind the lights on the passenger side. Just need the elbow to come in tomorrow and that side will be done. Might have to trim the inner to put it back in but I think it'll fit.
View attachment 124403 View attachment 124405

Mocked up the intercooler outlet side piping, decided that I really don't like my junkyard mustang fan so that's good to need upgrading. It's way too bulky and is a real pain to get air piping around, the UMI brace isn't helping either.

View attachment 124409 View attachment 124408 View attachment 124407

Still needs trimming and final fitting but its 90% there. Everything clears with the header panel back on. Mock up complete. Tomorrow it gets finalized.

View attachment 124406

Got the tune tweaked and ready for upload today at work. Just need to flash, check sensors and fire it up. Still some small other stuff to do but it's mostly reassembly now.

Oh? You no done yet? That's a too bad for you, slow poke.

Kidding.

What diameter pipe is your downpipe/exhaust? Might have an idea.

As for the piping. You are either going to want to go under the core support (like GNs do) or through it (via the headlamp holes) like you've done on the PS. Your proposed DS solution is very convoluted right now. Alternatively you could just hole saw the plastic fender liners - if you aren't worried about stock appearing or the condition of the parts.

Reactions: 1 user

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Oh? You no done yet? That's a too bad for you, slow poke.

Kidding.

What diameter pipe is your downpipe/exhaust? Might have an idea.

As for the piping. You are either going to want to go under the core support (like GNs do) or through it (via the headlamp holes) like you've done on the PS. Your proposed DS solution is very convoluted right now. Alternatively you could just hole saw the plastic fender liners - if you aren't worried about stock appearing or the condition of the parts.

Lol, I'm almost done...

The DS side is only mocked up, I was planning through the Rad support just like the PS, but it would require the removal of my charcoal canister. Now that isnt the end of the world, but I don't like my garage smelling like gas, my thinking anyway.

Cold Piping is all 3", exhaust down is also 3", I have room for a 4" downpipe in the future but the exhaust was like $150 so far so it wont hurt when it gets upgraded.

Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
This the only way to run a LS in our cars. If boost can fix 4 and 6 cylinders lack of torque, it will definitely fix a LS plus actually use the 6 bolt bottom end. We demand a big, smoky video of your car but it might have to wait till spring with the weather forecast😕.

Reactions: 1 user

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
This the only way to run a LS in our cars. If boost can fix 4 and 6 cylinders lack of torque, it will definitely fix a LS plus actually use the 6 bolt bottom end. We demand a big, smoky video of your car but it might have to wait till spring with the weather forecast😕.
Next spring you should have some drone autocross footage of the primer clad regal to enjoy. If my plan comes together anyway.

Reactions: 4 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Paint the new timing cover pink-purple.

• Haha
  • Creative
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor