The Purple Monkey Dishwasher TBSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
They assessed the MSRP at $55,000 CDN (retail was about $60K at the time we got it), adjusted for inflation that is $75,000-80,000 today. Pretty accurate for a loaded SUV with a V8 in 2022. The condition of my vehicle was assessed as being excellent (duh...), and is going to be hard to replace. So yes, unless they are cutting me a check for $80K I expect to be made whole. I just got the estimate and it is $8,800 to repair, and if the threshold for repair is 63% (based on what I have been told) we can assess their book value of the vehicle at around $14K. It was last appraised at $20K (before the transmission upgrade). Market value, especially with the current state of the economy, is likely much higher.

I challenge anyone to find me an equivalent in Canaderp.

Now I get to make this argument. Should be a treat.

I'm not surprised they lowballed you the first time around. I assume most people think "oh boy, down payment on a new FWD CUV!" when they get offered a payout on a totaled vehicle. Maybe the insurance made an honest mistake and doesn't realize what an SS is and they thought 'oh, its just a trailblazer'? (Unlikely, they are likely just trying to turn a profit and skim one past you)

Just under $9K seems reasonable for repair at a top notch shop. I can't imagine the TBSS spec rear bumper cover is cheap or easy to find and with paint match, some frame pulling, etc. etc.. it adds up.

I see THRASHED, rusty, high mileage, or light wrecked TBSS's selling for minimum 5-10k locally. A stock or lightly modded decent/OK driver that's not a fraction of yours as far as quality is 15k+. I'd expect yours in the shape it's in even stock should be a 20k vehicle south of the 49th and an obvious candidate for a repair. North of the 49th I'd be shocked to see a stock one for 25k in this market.

A quick look locally through my saved marketplace findings
08 2wd stock with 80k in decent shape for 16k
06 awd stock with 130k and a rod knock for 7k
09 awd lowered with 140k in pretty decent shape for 18k
06 awd stock with 100k and moderate side swipe damage for 5k
07 awd lowered with 110k for 16k
18 awd stock with 80k in nice shape for 17k

Reactions: 2 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
They assessed the MSRP at $55,000 CDN (retail was about $60K at the time we got it), adjusted for inflation that is $75,000-80,000 today. Pretty accurate for a loaded SUV with a V8 in 2022. The condition of my vehicle was assessed as being excellent (duh...), and is going to be hard to replace. So yes, unless they are cutting me a check for $80K I expect to be made whole. I just got the estimate and it is $8,800 to repair, and if the threshold for repair is 63% (based on what I have been told) we can assess their book value of the vehicle at around $14K. It was last appraised at $20K (before the transmission upgrade). Market value, especially with the current state of the economy, is likely much higher.

I challenge anyone to find me an equivalent in Canaderp.

Now I get to make this argument. Should be a treat.
may the force be with you GIF
Fight Me GIF by MOODMAN

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Got a call from a salty adjuster yesterday afternoon, she didn't call back today. But, that complaint I filed sure got the attention of someone... got a whole new adjuster this morning. Poor b*st*rd got read the riot act. To paraphrase: your service is crap, your communication is crap, your policies are crap, stop being crap. Guess who is most likely getting his truck fixed without question now? This master-debater!

scared stan marsh GIF by South Park

• Winner
Reactions: 6 users

MetroRob

Greasemonkey
Jan 14, 2014
We have a 2018 F250 platinum in the shop for a month and a half now, Mice got to the Wiring Harness 22K US to repair, At first I thought it was a starter replaced then 6 months later same thing swapped batteries turns out it was mice haha

Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Got a call from a salty adjuster yesterday afternoon, she didn't call back today. But, that complaint I filed sure got the attention of someone... got a whole new adjuster this morning. Poor b*st*rd got read the riot act. To paraphrase: your service is crap, your communication is crap, your policies are crap, stop being crap. Guess who is most likely getting his truck fixed without question now? This master-debater!

Awesome. When I read "salty adjuster" I thought "oh, sh*t, Mike unleashed."

• Haha
  • Agree

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Awesome. When I read "salty adjuster" I thought "oh, sh*t, Mike unleashed."

Go ahead and tell me my truck is worth the $9.600 CDN your half-assed third party evaluators reported from the two (2?!) ads they found:

Oh, yeah... and who do I sue for jeopardizing my kids' safety for failing to replace their car seats... literally the first thing I asked for direction on. Oh just buy new ones and submit the receipts? Where the hell was that information two weeks ago?! And how can I safely drive my truck with a damage impact zone and frame? The cost for a rental has no bearing on the cost to fix my vehicle. The games are not appreciated.

You want Miss. Ho? Sure. You got Miss. Ho!

Don't mess with my Kung-fu.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA

wife GIF

all that practice is paying off

• Agree

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Repairs?

approved GIF

Now let's see how many months it takes to get my truck fixed.

• Winner
Reactions: 6 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor