BUILD THREAD theoldsone 442 build

Status
Not open for further replies.

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
Well either way, it looks great and you should be proud of your skill set to produce such a thing.

If you'd be open to the idea, I'd consider contracting you to do one for The Juggernaut...
;)
... for a nominal fee of course!
:)
Sure thing Ill do it for free. Lol Give me a day or two. Ill use pics as a reference. What color exactly are you painting the Olds? Two tone was it?

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
Just a few examples

Attachments

• 20170116_150941.png
    20170116_150941.png
    262.8 KB · Views: 195
  • 20170118_133405.png
    20170118_133405.png
    200.2 KB · Views: 200
Reactions: 1 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Sure thing Ill do it for free. Lol Give me a day or two. Ill use pics as a reference. What color exactly are you painting the Olds? Two tone was it?

That would be AWESOME!
:)
Yep, go ahead and use any and all pics off my thread for your reference. It is going two tone, I don't recall which page it's on, but I posted a pic of a Chevy Cobalt in a two tone black and blue colour scheme I was considering.
My actual colours will likely be Viper blue pearl and a very dark metallic grey, almost black, likely with the darker colour on top. Whichever looks better, part of the reason I'd like to see a rendering of it before I paint.

You're the man, thank you!!!

Reactions: 1 user

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Real quick on your phone, haha, looks wicked. Wish I had the skills for that.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Thanks for the reference. The guy who I talked to didn't ask no if, ands, or buts. Summit is one of the best companies to deal with, I can say. And your right the hood wasn't cheap. $678.97 to be exact. I don't understand how some of the UPS workers are so careless. The Box clearly indicates to keep up-right. Someone laid it on the floor I'm guessing, or had a lunch break on top of it.
Adding to an oldish thread here, but I worked at UPS for a while. Loading trailers. The whole point of the job is to literally throw as much sh*t as you can possibly fit into the trailers. Sure, they're "supposed" to be stacked neatly, big heavy packaged on the bottom, lighter stuff on top. Really light stuff just gets thrown anywhere unless it says fragile. Through our UPS center, TONS of car parts come through. I can't even count the amount of exhaust systems, tires, 9inch ford housings, tires, and whatnot I've had to full on Hulk toss into the trailer. I was let go because I took too long loading packages to make sure they didn't get ruined. That and I couldn't afford work boots (steel toe) at the time. The people really just don't give a sh*t. it's just a job to them. 4 hours of grueling, back breaking work for 10 bucks an hour. It's a good workout though.

• Agree

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Just a few examples
What app are you using? I've been wanting to find one that's not so cumbersome. I have a couple decades of art background and plenty of car sketches over the years, just hard to make time to sit down and do a rendering of my cutlass with 2 young kids occupying time (wouldn't change that for the world though).

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
My actual colours will likely be Viper blue pearl and a very dark metallic grey, almost black, likely with the darker colour on top. Whichever looks better, part of the reason I'd like to see a rendering of it before I paint.

You're the man, thank you!!!

Though I also like the Olds1 look, blue pearl with dark gray metallic two tone should look awesome.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
What app are you using? I've been wanting to find one that's not so cumbersome. I have a couple decades of art background and plenty of car sketches over the years, just hard to make time to sit down and do a rendering of my cutlass with 2 young kids occupying time (wouldn't change that for the world though).
I have an android Samsung galaxy note 3. Not a fan of trying to keep up with "trendy" phones. Ive had it for almost 3yrs now. The program is "Sketchbook for Galaxy". Pretty simple app.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I have an android Samsung galaxy note 3. Not a fan of trying to keep up with "trendy" phones. Ive had it for almost 3yrs now. The program is "Sketchbook for Galaxy". Pretty simple app.
Heard that....i had my galaxy s4 for almost 3 years until a few months back when it literally wouldn't run anymore and i had a free upgrade. The s6 i have now allows a little more room to doodle! Cool, i will check that app out...the one i have now is soooo friggin hardto work with on a phone that i usually get pissed and close it!

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor