BUILD THREAD theoldsone 442 build

Status
Not open for further replies.

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
I had snow balled the thought of doing the new 4.3 v6 engine when I had the Vega to throw it in my concerns being programing is gunna be a few years out and they are based off the new lt1 engine (direct injection) really like the idea but first one to the mound won't be cheap to get parts for was my thought

That's what I'm saying. Most people follow what everyone else doese so hopefully v6 swaps will be something more people will start doing. LT1 engines are new, but I'm sure a few years from now we will be seeing them in old muscle soon, and cheap options. Most people will go for the V8's. So hopefully the core cost for the V6 engine is cheap.
Bent up brand new sheet metal because the manufacturer is too greedy to package it to survive shipping makes me irrationally angry. With a little body work that hood will slick out, but it should have shown up in perfect condition for that money. It's good to see you enjoying the car. I'm looking forward to seeing that body dropped down on your restored chassis.

Thanks. Im all about supporting new vendors and products for g bodys, but not the ones who take advantage of us.

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
20160905_191336.jpg
It was a nice evening and I had nothing to do. Sprayed down the wells and fire wall cleaned up the clutter and removed all the air junk. I think it looks better than ever.
20160905_191404.jpg
20160905_191355.jpg
Olds and Older lol that's the 87 in the background.
20160904_164833.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I also like the Euro front end. Sucks about the hood, any reason you didn't go fiberglass? I also noticed the factory dual snorkel air cleaner is missing.

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
I also like the Euro front end. Sucks about the hood, any reason you didn't go fiberglass? I also noticed the factory dual snorkel air cleaner is missing.
I chose to go with a steel hood because I wanted the rigidity and strength. Especially if the car is going to be black. I wouldn't want fiberglass warping. I want this car to look good for a long time, I think I can give up a few pounds for a straight hood. Ironically it isn't lol but once it's straight it won't sink, bow, or Crack like a glass hood. I have the dual air cleaner I was going to clean it up and paint it bit the 14" cleaner was siting in my basement and well...it was a lot easier to just put it on. The carb is a lot more audible too.

Attachments

• 20160721_134059.jpg
    20160721_134059.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 256
Reactions: 1 user

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Agree with the steel hood. When i bought my bolt on glass hood nobody was making a steel cowl unit for the cutlass go figure! I still have the stock steel hood but with the efi intake it wouldn't clear without cutting the center structure out and adding a cowl which can look real crappy if not done right. That steel unit you have definitely looks well made, just not packaged properly which sucked!
It will be cool to see that dual snorkel back in action! Oh, and the 87 in the pic looks like a sad little puppy that got put outside in the rain lol! At least you are getting as much off of it as possible! Before you know it, the 442 will be sitting on that sweet *ss chassis and pounding the pavement!

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
Sadly yes lol. don't be fooled by the shiny black paint, the car was a basket case of rust. It was nothing but the body. and a rusty gas tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor