This crap never ends... now its the gas tank filler neck

Status
Not open for further replies.

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
Thought you guys would like a quick update. My buddy came over today and dropped the straps down one at a time. After about an hour of tweaking, pulling, bending and pushing we got the tank to move forward enough to clear the door. The filler neck on the new tank was actually the same length as the scrap one I got to compare it to so that told us everything we needed to know. Another thing finished.

That Rockauto tank would have been a real disappointment. Asking for suggestions (and actually listening) was very profitable. So many folks out there ask for opinions just to get the answer that they want to hear. That makes for some long and useless threads.

Anyway I’m glad you got it fixed

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
That Rockauto tank would have been a real disappointment. Asking for suggestions (and actually listening) was very profitable. So many folks out there ask for opinions just to get the answer that they want to hear. That makes for some long and useless threads.

Anyway I’m glad you got it fixed

Thanks. Why do you think a new tank from rockauto wouldnt have been good ? Im sure there isnt a ton of companies making them. Theyre probably close. I would hope so anyway. LOL

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
Thanks. Why do you think a new tank from rockauto wouldnt have been good ? Im sure there isnt a ton of companies making them. Theyre probably close. I would hope so anyway. LOL

I meant you would have wasted money on something that would not have improved your situation.

Purely a compliment. So many folks ask for help looking for the answer that they want to hear, then don’t try the suggestions, then don’t update the outcome.

You sir, asked, tried, fixed, and updated. Thank you and hopefully it helps someone down the road.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
I had the same issue with mine. Tank is too far back, loosen straps and move forward as much as the straps allow, it should be enough for the neck to clear. This is as good as I could get without bending the neck ( I was afraid to break the soldered seal) Note the door finger pull, super hard to find. GasNck2.jpg
GasNck2.jpg
GasNck2.jpg Gas Nck1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor