This makes me laugh and cry at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
the reason I'm asking is my GP has rust issues that I dealt with but it will come back so if can find another g body body that is real clean I'd switch bodies..

slik25

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 22, 2011
tc1959 said:
slik25 said:
Not to be a Dick or anything, but a Dork is a 71-76 Caprice or Impala only, it has nothing to do with rims, paint or interior. Same with box and bubble, just another term for certain Caprice and Impala body styles, factory or custom.
Thank you Professor, :p
No problem. I only said something because donk is always misused and usually followed by racist remarks which I was trying to prevent because this forum is usually helpful. But of course there's always a smart *ss.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
and as usual things change with time and under that heading of donk other cars are now included. It make me laugh when someone claims an opinion about a car is racist.. :rofl:

84cutlassjuggalo

G-Body Guru
Jun 25, 2010
Morell PEI Canada
YGspider said:
pontiacgp said:
YGspider said:
At the end of the day cars like these are just Cultural.... just like Canadians like hockey or Americans like football.
Lets face it people who like Hip Hop Culture like these type of cars and people who like classic rock like stock bodys with a 350 and turbo 350 lol.

I don't care for hockey anymore, it's nothing like it used be a few decades ago, but I always loved American football...this car though is a waste. They should have wasted their talents on a ford taurus

Hey man there car there choice mabey they think your car is a waste becuase its not a donk dose that make them right and you wrong ..no everyone can think what they want.

I'm not happy with this monte carlo ss but I dont like to see people giving it a hard time. I dont see guys who own these cars on here making fun of your stock or muscle looking G's you know?? never once Have i seen a guy with a big rim car talk sh*t about a regular car. or even lifted trucks.

Your replies have been very contradictive and narrow minded. I am a huge fan of Hip Hop and I do not enjoy a car lifted on 24's. Also before you called out GP you should reread your messages because you said "I agree it hurts me to see a Gbody getting bounced in bounce tournments as well. Who can make there car jump the highest ..... oh well at least I have mine" which is the same as bashing low-riders and others who don't have a stock gbody.

I get them to each his own but please don't start making comments saying people who like a certain culture for sure like such and such style. I'm also Canadian and there are in fact donks in Canada. There is an older 70's caprice of impala driving on PEI that has 24's and an odd paint scheme. So if PEI manages to have donks I know other provinces have them.

Not trying to rag on you but make sure your posts doesn’t sound narrow minded or uneducated alright.
as far as making these cars stock go some of them are possible. Many of the owners just put the big rims on and raise the body so putting on a set of stock rims and stock shocks will fix it depending on bad it is.

I know QDub would have pointed it out by now but cars like these are a rarity in this age. Most people lower or tuck their rims just like people who do up street trucks. I personally love big rims on trucks because I plan to do that to my flare side f150 but on cars not so much. As long as they haven't tubed out the wheel wells or went fiber glass friendly most cars should be salvage able.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
we have 1/10th the population of the US so we have less too choose from and in this part of the world we have winter so that more often than not means salt. It is very hard to find a clean G body up here at any cost. Mine was originally from Florida and spent most of it's like there and even with that I replaced the frame and 9 body mount locations in the body and replaced the drivers floor.

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
DRIVEN said:
http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/3441066925.html

Oh my god. :shock: Beautiful condition for that price!

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I'm so jealous, looks like a road trip to Oregon to pick up my next project. I don't even want to look at Detroit Craigslist again after seeing that Monte.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
We're pretty spoiled here on the west coats. I have an uncle who lived in the Chicago area while I was young. He used to fly out every summer with cash and buy his winter project then drive it home. Sell it in the spring and repeat. He would salivate over the stuff that locals would consider junk :lol: but usually bought really solid stuff. All the time and money he saved on body work really helped him turn the projects in a matter of months rather than years. That's why I have so much respect for the work I see alot of you guys put in to restoring your cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor