This might have been a bad idea, BUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
I have not bought the 78 or 79 aero Turbo Century that I found in the woods last year YET. Today I was at a salvage and a 4 door sedan Century (non aero) was there. It was unmolested. I bought the dash complete (no cracks), very nice front bumper, and a very nice header panel. I left a voice mail for the guy that I'd go ahead and buy it but he has not called me back yet. I know it's pretty dumb to buy parts for a car you don't own but this was a U pull it yard and the stuff was CHEAP. Around here, crack free dashes are not easy to find. If anything, I have a dash for my future 78-79 Regal I want one day. That aero Turbo Century had a bad engine fire melting the hvac box, inner fenders, and header panel. He has a spare turbo hood. Hopefully the car is still there. If he calls me tonight, I may go back tomorrow and get the fenders and inner fenders, hvac box, and complete engine harness.

20171005_160456_resized.jpg
20171005_160512_resized.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
That would only be a bad idea if I did it......:D

for you it will work out.....and that is a nice find on that dash....:)

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I'm guessing that the taillights on the 4-dr car were bad....

nice score on the dash and header panel, looks like the car was in decent enough shape.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
The tail lights are aero car only on interchange. This car I stripped today was non aero 4 door sedan. So I still need tail lights. I did just get off the phone with the Turbo Century owner. We are meeting next week at his shop. It will be mine. He said he's glad someone wants to save it and wants me to drive my Salon so he can see it. I will go back to the salvage tomorrow and get the inner fenders, fenders, hvac box, and engine harness. I will not be starting this project for at least a year but am grabbing the parts while their available.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
"Hello, my screen name is Hafrod. I am a G body addict." (everyone responds hi Hafrod, so are we!)
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: 2 users

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
If ANYONE has a salvage close by that has a 1978 to 80 aero (fastback) Buick Century 2 or 4 door and it has tail lights, I need them badly. Please help me save this car. The tail lights are completely busted out from vandalism

Last edited:

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
I've had a build plan for this car since I found it. It will appear as original but be custom just like my Salon. I am planning on doing a Chevy 4.3 V6 with a blow through turbo set up. I have a rebuilt 87 Grand National turbocharger in a box. I'd like to build a bracket system to mount it like the 86-87 intercooled turbo Buicks. I'd like to use an intercooler from an 86-87 and stock down pipe. I know a guy that has this stuff in his garage. I will be using a 700R4 transmission because it's already here. I will use an 86 Monte SS 3.73 rear end also because it's already here. There are aftermarket aluminum intakes and headers for the 4.3 Chevy and this is another reason. I will have to cut up the headers to build them to work but doable. I want the V6 and turbo to be a part of this car for the sound. I will do the later G body buckets which I have from my spare SS monte and will buy repop seat covers for a Grand National (black/gray) with power 6 logo on headrest. I have a pair of the Concert sound speaker covers for the lower door panels with emblems which is another Grand National styled add on. I will paint the car black but all the trim on the outside of the car will be painted trim black. I will smooth, tuck, and shorten the ends of the factory bumpers and paint them body color black. I have a nice hood ornament from an 87 Turbo T that I will put on. It say's 3.8 turbocharged. I will have the fender and trunk logos made like the stock turbo Century has.I would like a set of 86-87 Grand national chrome steel wheels and may know where a set is. So the theme is a true V6 turbo but have 86/87 Grand National stuff. I actually have a Grand National steering wheel here also. I know NOTHING about blow through turbo charging so maybe someone can help. I don't want giant power. Just reliable low boost that will pass a car if needed.

• Winner

1bad79

Royal Smart Person
Dec 3, 2011
Allendale mi
You should find a typhoon or cyclone engine,or a supercharged 3.8 :):):):):) I'll check some old yards near me for tail lights but those are going to be a hard one

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor