time to change stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

mccormack944

Apprentice
Mar 31, 2018
Ohio
I don’t know how using a flush machine causes a trans to burn up, you fill it with fluid plug it in line with cooler and as old fluid is pumped out it pumps new fluid in at about 45-50psi, even if the machine was pumping it in at 100 psi that’s less than trans line pressure at wot. I gotta go with the other guys and say don’t mess with the trans fluid. It’s filled with detergents it’s not being subject to the by product of combustion there’s a magnet in the pan to collect small debris. Besides that trans fluid doesn’t just go bad, no oil really goes bad it just becomes contaminated. The only time trans fluid should become contaminated is a pump failure bearing failure or a burned up clutch pack, and in any of those cases you’re overhauling anyway

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
You still need to check the wipers. They get old and brittle over time. Pick one up and check it out. Bend the blade back and forth to simulate it wiping in both directions and check the flex point for cracks and splits.

I had a 2002 Camaro SS I bought new that saw rain maybe once in the 11 years I had it. The original wiper blades literally rotted away. Friggin' incredible. 40 year old wiper blades will need to be changed. DON'T fugg around with that to try and save 10 bucks. If you ever have to use them and they fail, your windshield could be scarred for life.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor