Time to stop

Status
Not open for further replies.

85t5mcss

Master Mechanic
Apr 24, 2006
Indy, IN
If the fronts lock up and the rears are not, then there is still a problem. If the tires r that bad, then the rear would lock up just as easy. I still say they need adjusted. Tires will contribute, but r not the only factor. Remember, panic stop, weight goes forward, back end gets light. The rear will lock up, too. Even with drum brakes. Fix the problem, don't just band-aid it. And there are plenty of better tires out there than the BFG Radial T/A. It was great 15 years ago, but hasn't kept up with the benefits of technology. G-Force Sports are pretty good along with a bunch of others. All depends on what, when, where, and how u drive.

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
okay well honestly i can't see the back tires when i am driving they could be locking up for all i know and with the weight shift i cannot tell. the drums are going to get turned and new calibers and pads and new tires and rubber and if it is not fixed i will take a deeper look into it, but now i am puttin money down for paint so i can't drop a whole lot into it

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
but now i am puttin money down for paint so i can't drop a whole lot into it

just my opinion but I'd put money into the brakes to make them work right even before I'd put the car on the road....the paint would have to wait....I'm running cross drilled and slotted rotors with EBC green pads and upgraded the rear brakes with non power brake cylinders from an S 10 along with SS brake lines......I have no concerns with stopping but I always wonder if the guy behind me can....

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
true true the car though now can't really get driven cause it has a bad transmission and the car needs to go to paint so i can have it for senior pics hopefully right when it is out of paint it will get wheels, tires, and brakes. if i don't get the car in paint soon though it won't get done in time :cry:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
^^^...that's good to hear...I know some guys who are more interested in how the car looks than it performs and it's friggen scary to think they are driving the car down the same roads your driving....personally I do the brakes and suspension first before I work on the the drivetrain and paint..

hope you get your paint done on time and it looks good...what color are you painting it?

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
its a pearlescent (however you spell that) green color, basically a little darker than lime green. and i decided when it comes out of paint when wheels and tires go on so do brakes i am savin up extra to make sure i get it done right away. i don't want to make everyone think i am a retard for not doing it plus i have a carshow in september it would have to be done for anyways i will get more info on the paint in the next week when i take it to get it done

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor