Timing ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazy'boutOlds

Greasemonkey
Mar 26, 2008
Youngstown, Ohio
What do you all run for your timing? I have a 69 Pontiac 350 with a HEI dist. The heads are from a 73 and the intake from a 74 with a 2 barrel carb.
I run the Olds at around 20*

84GP455

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2007
Methuen Ma.
I run my Pontiac at 36 degrees total. 12=distributor 24=base

84GP455

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2007
Methuen Ma.
Yes it is, my motor loves it and every High Performance Pontiac magazine that I get I check the guys timing from the shootout section where they race for the magazine. And almost all of them that I check runs their Pontiac at 36*

84GP455

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2007
Methuen Ma.
crazy'boutOlds said:
This is no race engine by any means. Is that number still correct for a stock engine?
Well I just checked my book which only goes back to 74 but it has points like your 69 350 does, and it says 30. Sorry I just re read your post, you do have an HEI so then you can bump up the timing a bit. 36* should work though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor