tips for installing std trans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

malibumike84

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 7, 2010
Winnipeg, Mb
just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to install a standard transmission. car was a 4 speed, i blew it up, now i'm swapping in a 3 speed just to move it for now until i get time to put new motor and t-10 in. I dont have a transmission jack, and when i removed the old one i just lied down on my creeper and yanked the thing out by hand, but i don't think i can really hold a transmission up with one hand and put bolts on with the other. any ideas?

To get it in by yourself put in two studs so you can slide it on and then your only having to lift it onto the studs. Once on two studs the other bolts should line up perfectly and your not holding it while you fumble for tools.
There are two little stubs there but they can be hard to line up to sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor