Not open for further replies.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
I have
P225/70r15

There's your problem.

Caster is good. so aligning the upper arm further forward to keep a large tire off the plastic can result in worse handling and wandering on the highway.

To run 16X8's with 255/50's (26.1" diameter) I had to take a sledge hammer/heat gun to the liners and they still just rub slightly when the tires are new.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
pagrunt pointed it out in post #10, the uppers are on the wrong sides. The long side of the upper is supposed to be on the back side. The long side of the upper is on the front and you can see the spindle leaning back at the top because of the wrong upper. That is throwing the wheel back causing the rub....

img_1257-jpg.61764

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
pagrunt pointed it out in post #10, the uppers are on the wrong sides. The long side of the upper is supposed to be on the back side. The long side of the upper is on the front and you can see the spindle leaning back at the top because of the wrong upper. That is throwing the wheel back causing the rub....

img_1257-jpg.61764

The Upper control arm has a "gutter" on the back side. If they were reversed, the gutter would be on the front side.

I don't see a gutter in this picture. That looks like the front of the arm to me.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
The Upper control arm has a "gutter" on the back side. If they were reversed, the gutter would be on the front side.

I don't see a gutter in this picture. That looks like the front of the arm to me.

I agree with you but that looks like an aftermarket, maybe doorman, so I don't know if they are designed the same as OEM. It would be nice if the op can take a look to see if the offset is towards the front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor