Tire rub help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
Am I the only one who thinks his spindle is leaning in really far? Has it been aligned?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Am I the only one who thinks his spindle is leaning in really far? Has it been aligned?

I think it looks like it's leaning back and the wheel is turned out a bit making the spindle lean in as you noticed. The upper and lower ball joint are supposed to be in the same axis.

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
I think it looks like it's leaning back and the wheel is turned out a bit making the spindle lean in as you noticed. The upper and lower ball joint are supposed to be in the same axis.

It just looks a bit odd from that angle or something.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Dorman's pictures on the web have the gutter in back:
View attachment 61958

I would think if the arms were swapped with 27.5" tires, it would be rubbing in a straight line.

My T-type has G-body parts arms and 26" tall tires on GTA's rubs pretty good on the plastic at large angles.

I have seen pictures of a doorman upper control are for an S10/G body didn't seem to have the gutter. I don't know if they were all made them same, different Chinese factories perhaps...:D

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
I have seen pictures of a doorman upper control are for an S10/G body didn't seem to have the gutter. I don't know if they were all made them same, different Chinese factories perhaps...:D

I would imagine for $60 including ball joint, crossshaft and shipping, quality control is not a top priority.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Here is pics of my drivers side OE arm. Hope they help as a reference on how they mount.

Attachments

• DSCN3171.JPG
    DSCN3171.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 149
  • DSCN3172.JPG
    DSCN3172.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 144

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
threads should be useful for others but are useless if the op doesn't let us know if it's fixed and the cause of the problem

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor