Too Loud for NYC: Coming to Your Town Soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Reactions: 2 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Excellent use of tax dollars. Don't use the camera to make the streets safer. Be sure to target an unwanted group of individuals. The elected officials have lost sight of what the government is supposed to be doing for the people.

What a freakin' cesspool.

Reactions: 3 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
In my area, it's not the cars or trucks that are the issues but the Harleys and idiots with "Loudpipes save lives" stickers that think they're being cool. At times on a nice Saturday we have a line of motorcycles going by, for literally the entire day. To say it gets old is an understatement. If it was a few here and there, whatever. But they've abused it.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: 5 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
In my area, it's not the cars or trucks that are the issues but the Harleys and idiots with "Loudpipes save lives" stickers that think they're being cool. At times on a nice Saturday we have a line of motorcycles going by, for literally the entire day. To say it gets old is an understatement. If it was a few here and there, whatever. But they've abused it.
I agree with your thought process here, but these bikes are illegal. Where's the cop to gove them tickets, and then contact the local DMV inspector to go after the location that inspects this garbage.

I have to mention that I would be a giant fan of camera's being impemented on Interstates to give tickets for speeding - the idea being PUBLIC SAFETY, not to stop something that's annoying.

I guess I 'm pissed to see crap like this when we have laws to stop it, but no one wants to enforce them. But we aren't scared to spend money so the laws don't have to be enforced.

• Agree

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I agree with your thought process here, but these bikes are illegal. Where's the cop to gove them tickets, and then contact the local DMV inspector to go after the location that inspects this garbage.

I have to mention that I would be a giant fan of camera's being impemented on Interstates to give tickets for speeding - the idea being PUBLIC SAFETY, not to stop something that's annoying.

I guess I 'm pissed to see crap like this when we have laws to stop it, but no one wants to enforce them. But we aren't scared to spend money so the laws don't have to be enforced.
It's the lazy way out, like usual. They refuse to do their job, so the taxpayers then have to buy technology to do it for them...

• Winner

79 GP 4 speed

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2017
Is it going to ticket people playing obnoxiously loud music?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor