torque to yield harmonic balancer LS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I have used the stock bolt numerous times. And the ARP bolt once. I clean the threads and use ARP lube. All of my cranks are pinned to avoid unwanted slippage.

For the torque to angle, mark the pulley (start point, and end point), mark the bolt head, torque to the base spec, and turn it approximately 140°. I just eyeball it.

Reactions: 2 users

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
I have used the stock bolt numerous times. And the ARP bolt once. I clean the threads and use ARP lube. All of my cranks are pinned to avoid unwanted slippage.

For the torque to angle, mark the pulley (start point, and end point), mark the bolt head, torque to the base spec, and turn it approximately 140°. I just eyeball it.
Hey thanks. I was making this way too complicated I torqued the crank bolt to 40 lb today, drew a match mark, and used a 3 foot breaker bar to torque the match mark to 120 degrees in one motion and then a second motion to eyeball, went back and measured 150 with the gauge. I'm making this stuff way too complicated. I see forum threads where people are describing difficulty torquing the crank bolt and I did not have that difficulty; got it done on the engine stand too.

Definitely, definitely, definitely not torque to yield. In my opinion very reusable also. no way that bolt yielded

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor