Trade With What Other G Body? Dreaming...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
Here's the question. If an opportunity came along where you could swap for another G Body, which would it be?
I'll start:
I own a stock 86 SS in pretty good shape, gets many compliments, I enjoy driving it.
DSC_0302.JPG
DSC_0031 (2).JPG
- I have always liked the 79/80 Malibu, especially with a 4 gear/big block combo. Yep, that's it - that would be an instant trade.
The SS is a suit and tie kind of ride whereas the Malibu is a T -shirt and jeans type.(no offense to Malibu drivers)

Attachments

• DSC_0302.JPG
    DSC_0302.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 169

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Here's the question. If an opportunity came along where you could swap for another G Body, which would it be?
I'll start:
I own a stock 86 SS in pretty good shape, gets many compliments, I enjoy driving it. View attachment 82624 View attachment 82625 - I have always liked the 79/80 Malibu, especially with a 4 gear/big block combo. Yep, that's it - that would be an instant trade.
The SS is a suit and tie kind of ride whereas the Malibu is a T -shirt and jeans type.(no offense to Malibu drivers)

Funny, I always throught of the MCSS as a mullet and wife-beater type. ;)

I really woudn't trade for anything. I just want to own an '87/88 Cutlass 442.

Reactions: 1 user

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
I don't think I could trade, but if something structurally terrible happened to my Regal then I'd swap as many parts as possible to an '84 SS, a Malibu wagon, or a Choo Choo El Camino.

thunderball

Greasemonkey
Jan 18, 2016
Maybe trade one of my ss for a lemans/grand am. Thats the only maybe.

Never heard a ss considered a suit and tie car before?

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I think that too many guys are personally invested or have a personal attachment to their cars to just “trade” them. IMO, it would have to be a fairly significant upgrade over what you’ve already got to be considered for a trade. At which point it’s no longer a trade anyways, it’s an upgrade.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
I'd possibly trade the '82 Elco for an '86-'87 Regal T-Type.

Reactions: 1 user

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
I wouldn't trade for another G-body. I would trade my aerocoupe for a 71 Chevelle, 68-69 Cutlass, or a 55 Bel-Air though :LOL:

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor