trans brake, line loc, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

84H/O

Apprentice
Jul 7, 2007
Ok what are some peoples feelings and pros and cons between either a trans brake, line loc or roll control, and what are the differences? or any other systems of this type

88cutdogcandy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 13, 2007
Atlanta,GA
bjwerele said:
Ok what are some peoples feelings and pros and cons between either a trans brake, line loc or roll control, and what are the differences? or any other systems of this type
I just got transmission out of shop,trans-brake installed,hope to reduce1/8 mile.50,I don't know till I get it in car and buy new converter.I had tci super street fighter didn't like converter took it back,and now I'm on the hunt for a 8.5 rearend,or maybe go with a 9.This is a street car and I can't wait to use trans-brake,my friend would beat me out of the hole,but i'd pass him at the end of the track,he had the transbrake.I have a 350 sbc,dynoed 583 to flywheel,th-350,7.5 4:10 gears,hotchkis control arms,street tires,ran a 7:18 in the 1/8 best,7:22 consistent.Wanting a nos cheater system an 8.5.

88cutdogcandy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 13, 2007
Atlanta,GA
bjwerele said:
I just got transmission out of shop,trans-brake installed,hope to reduce1/8 mile.50,I don't know till I get it in car and buy new converter.I had tci super street fighter didn't like converter took it back,and now I'm on the hunt for a 8.5 rearend,or maybe go with a 9.This is a street car and I can't wait to use trans-brake,my friend would beat me out of the hole,but i'd pass him at the end of the track,he had the transbrake.I have a 350 sbc,dynoed 583 to flywheel,th-350,7.5 4:10 gears,hotchkis control arms,street tires,ran a 7:18 in the 1/8 best,7:22 consistent.Wanting a nos cheater system an 8.5.

88cutdogcandy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 13, 2007
Atlanta,GA
bjwerele said:

whatsup

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 14, 2007
Iowa
bjwerele said:

First off roll control and line loc are the same thing. Really useful at the track for heating the tires good. A must for stick cars (unless you are REALLY good with the pedals) and very helpful for autos. transmission brakes I have mixed feelings on. They work great, but are hard on the drivetrane. Its like dropping the clutch on a stick car...YOU WILL BREAK MORE THINGS WITH A BRAKE..period. But you will have better short times which in turn translate to better overall times. If you are running at the track and want every 1/10th you can get..go with a brake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor