Attachments

• trunk new setup.jpg
    trunk new setup.jpg
    427.1 KB · Views: 1,237

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
The location of the battery is dictated by usage, street car, strip? Horsepower? How does the car hook now?

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
My battery is at the bottom of the spare tire well, I used a stainless battery tray and bolted it to the bottom and then made a hold down that uses 3/8" rods to tighten it.
As far as battery cables I have 2/0 fine strand welding cable going to the cut off switch and then 1/0 going to the front of the car to the remote starter solenoid and multiple distribution points from there and I have 1/0 grounds throughout the car.
I also have my battery maintainer mounted to the roll bar and hardwired to the battery.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
these cars are front end heavy so any weight that can be moved the rear helps. Also the stock location of the battery turns that weight into dynamic weight as the battery sits outside of the wheels. I put mine on the ledge in the trunk since that is over the rear axle keeping the weight of the battery static

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I've always liked the spare tire well.
Plus for me it is dual purpose, battery on the inside fuel pump mounted on the outside.

jeremyandthemonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 20, 2014
My car is nothing special. I just thought since my vent line runs on the passenger side I can move my charcoal canister to that side and then put my battery in the trunk. My butt dyno says it has about 300hp and from the little launch I did on my street it hooks okay

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
Being in the custom car audio biz forever that's where I've always put them in g bodies(2nd battery), as well as relocating in drag cars. Any weight you can displace from the front of the vehicle to the rear reducing front to rear weight ratio is a plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor