Or you could ditch the trunk all together. :wink:

Attachments

• 050.JPG
    050.JPG
    556.6 KB · Views: 706

lildhix

Master Mechanic
Jan 9, 2011
my bro told me that shaving it off isnt a good idea bc of what imma have back there.imma been of broke the latch.

lildhix

Master Mechanic
Jan 9, 2011
a friend of mine told me that shaving the lock off would be a bad idea,bc,imma have alot of bass and i will break the latch

CWPottenger

G-Body Guru
Oct 9, 2012
Not sure how a sh*t ton of kick *ss bass is going to break a lock. The area you are shaving is a small one. If done correctly a new piece of steel is welded in over the lock hole making it a solid piece of metal. Now if a person just filled the entire hole with bondo and called it good, yes I could see over time that cracking from flexing.

littlerascle59

Master Mechanic
Jul 2, 2009
Mississippi
CWPottenger said:
Not sure how a sh*t ton of kick *ss bass is going to break a lock. The area you are shaving is a small one. If done correctly a new piece of steel is welded in over the lock hole making it a solid piece of metal. Now if a person just filled the entire hole with bondo and called it good, yes I could see over time that cracking from flexing.
Trudat...

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
lildhix said:
a friend of mine told me that shaving the lock off would be a bad idea,bc,imma have alot of bass and i will break the latch

I have a decent system in my car but I don't advertise that fact when I'm close to home

lildhix

Master Mechanic
Jan 9, 2011
he probably talking about the bondo type fix

andrewmp6

Master Mechanic
Sep 9, 2007
If you just fill the hole with bondo its gonna crack and pop out over time just from driving,The right way to shave the lock is weld in a metal plug then do the normal body work over it.

Mistermastamind

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 19, 2012
Hey my boys back in Detroit Chain their trunks closed so if anyone does get in the trunk, the trunk only opens about 6 inches. :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor