Trying to find interior paint and trim color codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

vwed

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 11, 2009
Well, first let me say I live about 50-70 miles from any kinda large city that may have parts or material I need to work on my wagon. Look at the earlier post about trying to replace the windshield. Took two months. Anyway, today I traveled east 50 + miles to get the brown headliner material to recover mine and reinstall. Two upholstery shops and two fabric stores and found plenty of gray, burgundy, and black. No brown, no tan nothing even close. Heading the 70 miles west tomorrow to look for better luck. At least some color of brown.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Well, first let me say I live about 50-70 miles from any kinda large city that may have parts or material I need to work on my wagon. Look at the earlier post about trying to replace the windshield. Took two months. Anyway, today I traveled east 50 + miles to get the brown headliner material to recover mine and reinstall. Two upholstery shops and two fabric stores and found plenty of gray, burgundy, and black. No brown, no tan nothing even close. Heading the 70 miles west tomorrow to look for better luck. At least some color of brown.

Cant find it online ? UPS can be your friend ! LOL

vwed

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 11, 2009
Both look like excellent choices. If nothing pans out tomorrow then one of these guys will get an order. You guys are a huge help. Thanks

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
SMS Auto fabrics is also a good source and they will send you samples.
http://www.smsautofabrics.com/

I bought all the GM cloth for my 81 from SMS. The good thing was they had it. The bad thing was I ordered it in March when they sent me the first sample and I finally got enough of one lot number to do what was needed by the beginning of November. The have a lot of stuff but they are very disorganized.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I bought all the GM cloth for my 81 from SMS. The good thing was they had it. The bad thing was I ordered it in March when they sent me the first sample and I finally got enough of one lot number to do what was needed by the beginning of November. The have a lot of stuff but they are very disorganized.
Glad you shared your feedback. I have only received a few samples from them for my landau top.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Im sure you wont have an issue. I needed two different cloths. I sent them a sample of each. They sent small samples back that matched mine perfectly. I ordered the cloth and they sent different pieces. The first time they sent two different pieces of the same cloth and didnt send the other pattern at all !
After months of going back and forth the woman that was taking care of the problem finally gave up and let me deal with a guy in the warehouse that was actually filling the order. That worked.
I didnt really care but the problem was the shop that was doing the work had a block of time when they planned on doing the job. That came and went. Then I had to wait until they could do it. I was thankful when things got straightened out.

vwed

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 11, 2009
Currently waiting on samples. In the mean time I found the cost from web companies is $16-17 per year, 3 yards, roughly $40. for shipping and a $10. can of glue, it looks like something near $100. if the color is correct. Checked with an upholstery shop that supports our local Volkswagen show each year. Bring him the board and he'll do it in the correct color for $120. add 20 and he'll include the visors. Forty bucks seem like a fair price. I think I'll drop it off tomorrow. Next quest is the clips that apparently hold the metal trim on that's above the doors. Been looking, no luck yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor