Turbo Century - Free/Curb Alert? in San Fransisco, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
Actually, kudos to Paul (PBGBodyFan) to post it on this forum. All my friends say I was wasting too much time on this car and I was going to give up. I only posted it on Facebook Buick Century page.

I feel like Cupid making a connection :LOL: . Glad it's going to a good home, let alone any home rather than get picked up for scrap. That's a fate the car didn't deserve. Look forward to seeing what's in store for it with a new life.

Reactions: 4 users

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Wheelspinner

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 12, 2020
Are we there yet?

Wheelspinner

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 12, 2020
I don't travel well......

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Looks like I have some catching up to do... I have made it back WITH THE CAR. I met some good people. It was an adventure I will never forget, and this car deserved to be saved. Thanks to Paul ( PBGBodyFan ) & Bill ( VprRacr ) for facilitating this deal. Bill was very instrumental in getting this done. Thank you, Sir! Here's my initial inspection of the car.
1979 Buick Century Turbo Coupe - Silver w/ blue interior. Turbo 3.8L / automatic / A/C / PS / PB / rear defrost / AM-FM cassette / map light / tilt column / bench seat / manual windows & locks / remote Dr. side mirror

Pros- 1 owner car / garaged for 30 years / 38K miles / Turbo hood / Turbo hood ornament / Turbo rear spoiler / Turbo poly-steel wheels / Turbo gauge cluster / aluminum core support / aluminum bumper supports / No rust

Cons - missing air intake, carb, and turbo / damaged front bumper, bumper fillers, and grill / broken ( rotten ) rear bumper fillers / Pass. side door damage / sticky steering wheel ( gross- you can't even touch it LOL )

Here's what I saw when I pulled up.

IMG_1894.JPG

IMG_1895.JPG

IMG_1896.JPG

An hour later...

IMG_1897.JPG

IMG_1898.JPG

I immediately started driving back home. I crossed the Golden Gate bridge. Back towards LA.

Los Angeles has the WORST roads I have ever driven on. I could not get out of there fast enough. Arizona has the best roads. 4 days of driving 14+ hours each day, I'm glad to be back home!

IMG_1934.JPG

IMG_1941.JPG

IMG_1947.JPG

IMG_1948.JPG

IMG_1950.JPG

IMG_1954.JPG

IMG_1951.JPG

IMG_1952.JPG

IMG_1955.JPG

I will start with a thorough cleaning, and a used set of tires to keep it rolling. A few Members have offered to help with the missing parts ( turbo , carb, air intake ). I will be following up, as that would really nice to secure those parts. i do not want to interrupt the momentum I have going with the Salon, so this car will be cleaned up and covered for a short time. Thanks to everyone who supported me, and offered advice. ALL you guys rock! This Forum just proved again - it's the best on the internet!!

Attachments

• IMG_1943.JPG
    IMG_1943.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 128
  • Winner
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
That’s awesome. Glad to help, didn’t know or think of how low the mileage was too. Way worth saving, one couldn’t argue against that.

Was wondering if the trip was going or went well. Glad you updated us and gave some pics. The rear license plate frame needs to stay on that car, IMO

Bringing that home is exciting, I’ll live vicariously through you with it 😆

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 10 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Congratulations James! Glad to hear you not only secured it but made it back home safe. Get some rest and revel in the satisfaction that you’ve saved another rare piece of G body history! Nice score my friend.

Reactions: 6 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I think it's safe to say that no one loves aerobacks more than you do, that's quite an effort. (y)

Reactions: 6 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor