Turbo Century - Free/Curb Alert? in San Fransisco, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
I tried about a month ago to get it but shipping was a killer. Nice score know of century part cars if needed parts
I'll contact you Derrick
The Turbo Bufford Hunchback's are definitely the best looking of the Butless cars. How beat up is the paint? Does the motor turn over by hand? I would think hidden mods could improve performance but maybe factory slow is the best for this car. Glad other members have the missing parts.
Gonna have to report back on the questions... Have not even had a chance to unload it off the trailer.

Reactions: 3 users

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
glad the owner was smart enough not to send that car to the crusher, and that the circumstances fell in the right places that you were able to go and get it. looks like a great foundation to start the restoration process. take plenty of pics, as that may be one of the nicest untouched original untouched cars. glad you made it back safely.

Reactions: 4 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Just seen this, WOW, WOW, triple WOW. That is a great! I'll be the 1st to admit that I'm not a big fan of 100% stock original G-bodies other than late 442's and GN's, but I will now add this. This would be a fabulous car to make 100% original, and then add some hidden flair between the valve covers and oil pan, and inside the turbo.

Maybe you posted what you paid and I missed it, or maybe you didn't, either way it's none of my business, but this is not a $1000 old G-body with low miles. AND IN SUCH GREAT SHAPE in terms of rust. IMO this is something has true value because of the rarity of it.

Great job, and I'm envious if you couldn't tell.

Jim

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Just seen this, WOW, WOW, triple WOW. That is a great! I'll be the 1st to admit that I'm not a big fan of 100% stock original G-bodies other than late 442's and GN's, but I will now add this. This would be a fabulous car to make 100% original, and then add some hidden flair between the valve covers and oil pan, and inside the turbo.

Maybe you posted what you paid and I missed it, or maybe you didn't, either way it's none of my business, but this is not a $1000 old G-body with low miles. AND IN SUCH GREAT SHAPE in terms of rust. IMO this is something has true value because of the rarity of it.

Great job, and I'm envious if you couldn't tell.

Jim
Jim, the car was free. I just had to go get it. I plan to restore it to original, but it's the engine parts that are hard to come by. A couple of forum members say they have the parts I need. I hope so... The interior, body, and suspension will be no problem. Thanks for "Liking" it.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Geesh, that makes it even better - road trip, free, great car, now I'm 3 different shades of green.

(y)(y)(y)

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
So I have an update. I just received (2) boxes of parts from Turbo Zach. Look at all this stuff !!!
IMG_2033.JPG

IMG_2035.JPG

IMG_2034.JPG

It's basically the whole top end, minus the intake manifold ( which was still on the car ). Up pipe, turbocharger, oil line, carb plenum, carb, fuel pump, fuel line, carb hat, air intake tube, electronic spark box, distributor, wiring harness, throttle cable bracket, turbo mounting brackets, etc. He donated all these parts so that I could try and get this thing to run. I just paid the shipping . I am so thankful! It's my birthday today, so it was nice to get these presents. :banana:

Zach, you're the best!! (y)(y)

If I'm successful, I will take some time to paint the engine, and detail under the hood. If I'm not successful, I will pull the motor, and re-evaluate the situation...

• Winner
  • Friendly
Reactions: 20 users

CrammerGram69

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2019
SW, Michigan
Dang dude!!! That's a score. Turbo Zach Would you have any other parts for the 78-81 engines? Looking for a Vaccum Advance Distrib.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor