Turbo kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

DEVILSorchard

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 22, 2014
Right on man

I'm anxious to see how yours comes together sounds like you have a good setup in mind. I've been gathering parts for a turbo build as well. Mines going to be a homebrew setup with a holset hx52 from a volvo semi and either a megasquirt ecu I've been stashing away or a blowthrough too.

Please post back about your experience with it when it's done. Seems like some people find a blowthrough finicky while others posts huge numbers on the dyno. Ive always assumed hometune vs dyno tune make the difference I'd be curious to hear about your experience.

79MaliCrazz

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2010
Lake Wylie,SC
Right on man

I'm anxious to see how yours comes together sounds like you have a good setup in mind. I've been gathering parts for a turbo build as well. Mines going to be a homebrew setup with a holset hx52 from a volvo semi and either a megasquirt ecu I've been stashing away or a blowthrough too.

Please post back about your experience with it when it's done. Seems like some people find a blowthrough finicky while others posts huge numbers on the dyno. Ive always assumed hometune vs dyno tune make the difference I'd be curious to hear about your experience.
I definitely will post my progress I was even thinking of getting a efi system from a company I herd of and has great reviews they are called fitech efi maybe you herd of them they have a 600hp efi kit or 1200 efi kit and affordable.I definitely would like to see your turbo setup as well when you get it done.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
The reviews on the FItech are good. I'm yet to hear of any horror stories. They are cheap, easy, and so far reliable. Especially if you're using a carb intake.

Good luck

Reactions: 1 user

79MaliCrazz

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2010
Lake Wylie,SC
The reviews on the FItech are good. I'm yet to hear of any horror stories. They are cheap, easy, and so far reliable. Especially if you're using a carb intake.

Good luck
Yes I haven't seen anything bad yet I'm definitely interested in one and thanks.

• Friendly
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor