Turbo kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I'm running an S480 on 414 CI's and we should've went bigger than an 80mm T6. Should've went with the 88mm IMO.

Yes, a single will be fine. I always recommend large, but alot of it comes down to your goals and expectations. A VS Racing 7875 on a T4 frame is going to deliver a reliable 650-700 whp on your 5.3 - and FWIW - that's haulin' the mail mister.

You need to keep a couple of other things in mind as well, mostly what is going to be behind the engine. There isn't a stock trans other than a 4L80E, 6L80(5)E or 4L85E that will withstand 700whp for long. The budget transmission is a built TH400. And of course the stock 7.5" rear is not going to withstand much of anything in that HP range for more than a minute or two.

Do you have the ability to fab your exhaust (welder)?

Reactions: 1 users

Dylan88

Greasemonkey
May 31, 2018
Yeah trans is a turbo 350. Probably would just build it its got a shift kit now not sure what else. And no welder sadly but i know people. Im new to the whole turbo setup so thanks for helping

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
If work isn’t stupid I’m ordering my 7875 kit tomorrow. Stay posted and make an update and review. Going the sloppy route myself. Proven combo that doesn’t break the bank.

• Winner

Dylan88

Greasemonkey
May 31, 2018
Nice let me know how that goes man. I can run a turbo setup with the btr stage 3 truck cam correct?

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Nice let me know how that goes man. I can run a turbo setup with the btr stage 3 truck cam correct?
I bought my BTR stage 2 single turbo cam yesterday. That’s a lot of cam, unless you are going crazy for racing I would take it down a notch. Watch the forced induction school series with Brian Tooley, very informative.

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
So my turbo kit showed up yesterday, picked up the turbo today. Gotta say I’m impressed.

4D6780AE-C736-4A42-A392-005F8146D5D6.jpeg
819A575F-466C-4D4E-A1BE-658535CCC469.jpeg

The turbski is a solid looking and feeling unit. The VS 7875 Denmah kit has all the essentials to make it work minus hot side. The cold side is aluminum and the 3” Intercooler looks and feels decent. It’s not a garret but it’ll be enough for some decent flogging and until boost gets big I think it will be more than enough for now. I wish it had a port for meth injection, but that’s a minor detail for this price point. All in all I think this is a great starting point. It’s not built to fit but it looks like I can make it work. How can you go wrong with this kind of potential for the price?

Cue the evil maniacal laughter. 😆

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor