TURBO REGAL CHINESE HEADERS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul.m

Master Mechanic
Oct 20, 2018
No american made company,s ? Edelbrock, CA, NC , Trickflow tallmadge Ohio, Crane cam,s Daytona beach FL, Isky cam,s Gardena CA, Crower, san diego CA, DART Melvindale MI, ALL are cast , machined and assembled in good ole U S A ! And there are more . SO if your willing to do just a little research you can easily find most any part you need without having to resort to inferior ching chong parts . Buy American when ever you can ! [ THE JOB YOU SAVE , MAY BE YOUR OWN ! ]

TexasT

Master Mechanic
Mar 20, 2008
Texas
No american made company,s ? Edelbrock, CA, NC , Trickflow tallmadge Ohio, Crane cam,s Daytona beach FL, Isky cam,s Gardena CA, Crower, san diego CA, DART Melvindale MI, ALL are cast , machined and assembled in good ole U S A ! And there are more . SO if your willing to do just a little research you can easily find most any part you need without having to resort to inferior ching chong parts . Buy American when ever you can ! [ THE JOB YOU SAVE , MAY BE YOUR OWN ! ]
While those companies might make their parts here in the us, I don't see many parts for the Buick v6 in their offerings. Most of their stuff goes on a ls, sbc, bbc or ford. The only place to get the Buick specific stuff is TA performance(though Kenny Betts is causing some rumblings with their planned BBB block and heads).

And as the OP states, paying FOUR times as much for a set of headers is a tough pill to swallow.

I'd make the order and see how they fit up. I cant see why they wouldn't work, though I would have the flanges surfaced and bolt em on sans gaskets like the factory did. If I had the coin there would be a set on my car. Pulling the stock ones off repeatedly to weld up the cracks/holes gets old.

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I would. They look better than the first iterations.

Why is it okay to do sloppy sh*t like this:
turbo11.jpg

But, not use new parts and build something a tick cleaner from the outset?

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I would. They look better than the first iterations.

Why is it okay to do sloppy sh*t like this:
View attachment 98770

But, not use new parts and build something a tick cleaner from the outset?
The only thing I see truly sloppy is the red plug wires clashing with the shades of purple.

Reactions: 1 user

BOXCARS

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2017
While those companies might make their parts here in the us, I don't see many parts for the Buick v6 in their offerings. Most of their stuff goes on a ls, sbc, bbc or ford. The only place to get the Buick specific stuff is TA performance(though Kenny Betts is causing some rumblings with their planned BBB block and heads).

And as the OP states, paying FOUR times as much for a set of headers is a tough pill to swallow.

I'd make the order and see how they fit up. I cant see why they wouldn't work, though I would have the flanges surfaced and bolt em on sans gaskets like the factory did. If I had the coin there would be a set on my car. Pulling the stock ones off repeatedly to weld up the cracks/holes gets old.

Right, while you can purchase literally thousands of obscure chevrolet parts that no one will ever need, you can't buy a new tail light lense for 84 thru 87 Regals, or even a AC evaporator for a turbo regal.

Reactions: 1 user

BOXCARS

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2017
I almost bought a set, but I found a good deal on factory headers so I didn't. Warwagon has the little bit older version and he loves them. I still am thinking about buying a set to cut apart to make Series 2 turbo headers. I like how well my old 3.8 runs. Once it blows up I don't know if I will build my Series 2 or a 4.1. What do you need another set of headers for??

I just want to have them in case I need them before there ain't no more. I have three Buick V-6 turbo powered cars.

paul.m

Master Mechanic
Oct 20, 2018
I will be the first to tell you , i know very little about 3.8 . And 4 times the amount sounds excessive , if that company TA has been around a while they must be building one heck of a good product or they have been gouging people because the parts are not available anywhere else. Either way the business world will correct the problem when competition begins , thats the great thing about capitalism !

shoedoos

Master Mechanic
Jul 3, 2012
I have a friend who bought a set of generic shorty chinesium stainless headers......he was looking forward to rubbishing their quality.....instead he couldn't believe how good they were for the price....annoyed him even more having to tell me.....

Reactions: 1 users

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
90% of car stuff is made in China reguardless of what name is on the box

As the man before said, almost everything is made in China already. Yeah, you'd be hard pressed to find anything that isn't.

There is a big difference between chinese no-name knock-off parts and products manufactured in China but designed by a reputable US company with strict quality requirements. I work for a US corporation with manufacturing in China. Products we manufacture over there are every bit as good as products manufactured in our US plants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor