"Turn Key" Is Not An Option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
:rofl: I knew the zip ties would catch a little flack, hahaha. I'm still in the tuning stage of this set up, so far the primaries seem spot on, but I need to get a much slower vacuum can (or actuator) for the secondaries. The current one allows them to "hit" way too early causing a bog. I will say, fuel economy is much better, I filled up on Tuesday, and have driven 155 miles since. My gauge reads 3/4 of a tank (22 gallon tank, = roughly mid 20's in the mpg rang), before, with the four letter "F" word carb, 5 gallons meant 75 miles, tops. In other words the money spent to adapt the qjet to the 258, will be saved on fuel in less than a month. :mrgreen:

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
Phase 1 of the trans swap is almost complete, the 4 speed trans from the blue eagle now resides in the red eagle, the transfer case I salvaged from the sh*t box 97 cherokee is backing it (np231), so once I make a shifter for the unit, I'll have an eagle with 2hi, 4hi, 4lo, and 2lo, :mrgreen:

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
That it has, I regret I don't have lots of spare time to keep up with all the interweb rings since my new job. The projects are still rolling though, little by little anyway. Between helping my dad expanding the barn (no pics) to building a shifter for the 4wd system on the red eagle, rebuilding a qjet for friend for a jeep application, to newish bikes for the bmx addiction, time is tight. So here's a quick run down.

I deemed my old bike (even though I tried my best to lighten it) to be too fawkin heavy, it weighed over 40 lbs, it was holding me back. I bought a couple bikes off craigslist for a good price, now I'm riding 26-27 lb bikes that I can throw around with little to no effort. It made a big difference on the jump lines in the local park, no more struggles to get through the so called "pro" section. Of course I added a few things from my old bikes as some of the new stuff I felt was too weak and flimsy, lol. (also been scouting areas to build trails for a more sober type of enjoyment)

A fellow wheeler called me up to build him a qjet to perform like the one that's on the chero, I love tinkering with the things so how could I say no? (I might add, this was the cleanest qjet I've ever worked with).

All set, ready to take on trail rides 8) .

ah summer of 2002.....

Making a shifter, lol, I had the remains of the hurst quarter stick I cannibalized years ago to make the shifter in the malibu. I have been thinking on How am I going to shift the lo range case in the Eagle, so here's a start of my idea.

Once done, it should be a very narrow gated unit that fits between the seats (roughly a 2 inch space).

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
So Ive been kinda creeping on this thread. Found a 88 Eagle Wagon in decentish shape with a ton of blow by 4.2. If its still for sale this weekend its mine. Needed a winter car. Just need to decide if im going to do an EFI 4.0 swap or continue with my turboed 5.3/4l60e/np241 swap idea. Something about 550whp in a 3400lb car with 4wd seems fun. And Id rather not mess with carbed AMC igntition.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
4.6 stroker with EFI should make a pretty reliable driver. Then add turbo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor