Turn signal lever busted

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregidea

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 15, 2010
San Antonio, TX
My turn signal fell limp the other day. I got the busted part out, but I have no idea what you would call it, or where to buy a new one. I've been out to my local pick-n-pull, but all the models they have out there come with cruise control. I don't believe that would work with mine. I believe this just sits at the base of the lever, but it was just floating around free when I found it.

Here are some pictures of the busted part. The circled area is where it looks like it busted.
part1.jpg

part2.jpg

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
That is supposed to be screwed on inside the column, that would be why it went limp. That is the lever bit that actuates the signal cam. I don't think it's broken other than having come unscrewed.
You'll need to pull the wheel and look for the screw, probably lying in the bowl somewhere.
Here is a link that should help you further....click the video thumbs to play them
http://www.stolenandrecovered.com/video/index.php

carmangary

G-Body Guru
Oct 13, 2009
The link with those videos is a good find! There should be a list of links like that on here. That would be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor