Turn signal switch won't lock to right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Miller

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 11, 2018
sorry i was wrong about needing the springs. i watched your video, when activating to the right, it appears the turn signal stalk is hitting the top of the opening in the steering column. this is limiting your travel and not allowing your switch to lock in place. is it possible the pivot that the stalk mounts into is broken. it moves the proper distance down, but not up.
It didn't seem to be hitting , i thought the same thing . Will year it back apart sometime this week and look at it a little better.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
It could be the cam or switch, but start at the steering gearbox, first.

With the steering wheel straight, the flat on the steering gearbox input shaft NEEDS to be up.

If it isn't up with the steering wheel straight, turn to the steering box to up, remove, re-spline the steering wheel to up and realign the car, note that you may need to remove, respline the lock ring, too, so you'll need a lock ring removal tool, which you need anyway to replace the switch and cancelling cam..

If the flat on the gearbox input shaft is up and the wheel is straight, Replace the Switch and canceling cam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor