Turn Signals Not Blinking

85Regal801

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 13, 2022
Hello all,

So I recently upgraded to LED bulbs in my Buick front and rear and figured I’d have to up the flasher too. I installed everything and the hazards work when the lights are off but not when they’re on. Also blinkers don’t work at all. Checked the fuse box and I only have connections to the hazard flasher but not the turn signal location? (With halogen bulbs turn signals worked fine) so I’m a little confused as to WTH is going on lol any input is appreciated

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
The LED doesn't put the electrical load on the curcuit like standard bulbs. With this the stock flasher fuses will either hyper flash or not flash at all. Two of these whould get things working again.

Reactions: 1 user

85Regal801

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 13, 2022
The LED doesn't put the electrical load on the curcuit like standard bulbs. With this the stock flasher fuses will either hyper flash or not flash at all. Two of these whould get things working again.
Oh ok yeah I have the led flasher but like I stated above on my fuse box I don’t have any connectors on the turn signal flasher spot, what’s weird is that before I did anything with the bulbs or flasher they worked fine

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 56

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Don't know why they did it but GM didn't always put both fuses in their spot in the fuse box. The "missing" fuse should be in a PIA spot behind the dash then. It could be in a metal clamp bolted to the dash itself or part of the harness that houses the key & seat belt buzzers & horn relay. That should be bolted to dash near the parking brake release.

85Regal801

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 13, 2022
Don't know why they did it but GM didn't always put both fuses in their spot in the fuse box. The "missing" fuse should be in a PIA spot behind the dash then. It could be in a metal clamp bolted to the dash itself or part of the harness that houses the key & seat belt buzzers & horn relay. That should be bolted to dash near the parking brake release.
Just my luck lol do you have a picture or something I can ref? It’s a damn rats nest down there lol

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor